New Car (Pics)

Associate
Well obviously from the post made previously by myself not everyone is going to be a fan of this car - but it was a very nice price and a very nice car for that price, i enjoyed the test drive and its generally spot on so i bought it. I personally think its quite a nice car to have at 19 years old - especially after driving a Fiesta for 2 years :o

Car in question:

2002 (52 Plate September) MG ZS 120+ Steptronic Saloon
43,000 Miles with a service at 42,500 by a former MG-Rover Dealer

1.8 Litre Rover K-Series engine producing 115BHP
Part Leather Sports Seats
Aircon
Electric windows, wing mirrors etc

Nice Parts:

Sports tuned suspension, brakes, steering and exhaust tailpipe (inrolled).

Bad Parts:

Very stiff suspension down village-style roads is unpleasant to say the least. Passengers havent got a steering-wheel to brace against = spritied journey for them.

Here she is: (Apologies for over use of the Motion Blur)

mini-artshot.jpg

mini-artshot2.jpg

mini-artshot3.jpg

Thanks for looking

Adam

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thnx for replies.

burnsy2023 - When looking i probably would have, but after driving the Steptronic, it has many options for me. I can lazy drive in Automatic Mode, i can have a lot of fun in 'D-Sport' mode, or i can use electronic manual (Up/Downshift). I have also been informed by the MG Rover guys that its quite rare to have it in Anthracite Black and Steptronic which is quite nice.

ethos - smidgems under £4,000.

Associate
OP
Thanks Paras.

The 17" 11 Spoke 04-05 MG ZS alloys don't fit my model (or so i have gathered). It did come with a leather steering wheel but i beleive it was an option - the standard one looks like an MG Metro steering wheel.

Soldato
Goatyman said:
Thanks Paras.

The 17" 11 Spoke 04-05 MG ZS alloys don't fit my model (or so i have gathered). It did come with a leather steering wheel but i beleive it was an option - the standard one looks like an MG Metro steering wheel.

Oh really, the ones form the MG ZR may fit?

my old ZR had a plastic wheel which is why I asked.

Associate
OP
I am tempted to keep the current alloys, i think theyre big enuf and look quite nice.

My money will most likely be spent on Induction, Exhaust, Brakes and Tyres. With the possible addition of the ZS 180 spoiler. Thanks for all replies.

Caporegime
happytechie said:
nice car, I'm a big fan of the rover 75.

115 bhp from the 1.8 K series lump is pathetic though.

Its just under 120. Sounds crap but the engine is very torquey and they do drive nicely. Engine is very light so the handling is very good too.

Any of the MG ZS or ZR will fit straight on :)

Associate
OP
TY for replies.

It does seem like a low figure, but its an absolute riot to drive, and in sport mode the power just seems to be there constantly. As said above the handling is lovely, paired with the sports seats feels very strong.

I would like to get it up to VVC figures, around 140BHP are they not? I did find links to companies that can do it, but have lost them now.

I would have to consider whether it would be worth the money to try and get better figures out of it - or keep it for a few years and move up.

Back
Top Bottom