Which 512mb ram to add onto mine?

Soldato
Hi I want to add 512mb ram onto my current Geil Ultra cas2 512mb ram, I do have 1 gig of ram however the 2X256mb Geil Ultra cas2 ram have trouble all being used in all three slots - im guessing i need 2x512 dimms.
I cant find another Geil Ultra cas2 512mb ram ANYWHERE! so what should i get? I dont overclock the ram at all i run it so that my barton 2500+ can run at 3200+.

Soldato
ocUK sell what you want, but are showing as "out of stock", you could find out how long till more arrive?

Or, I'm pretty sure the 512Mb Ultra-X module would work with your current module, however the timings are 5-2-2-2 and not 6-3-3-2. You would have to set this manual in the BIOS and it shouldn't be an issue as they would run at the speed of the weakest module once set

OR! :) Perhaps choose a different make (CorsairXMS C2PT) but with the same timings to try and match them up. I'm sure that it runs at 6-3-3-2 and is the cheapest option.

Up to you really! :)

Soldato
OP
Think i might go for the corsair then mate, I contacted ocuk but they said they've not had stock on that ram for months so im not holding my breath.

Back
Top Bottom