Anyone use register1?

Soldato
OP
I have but I am looking for other options. They are being very helpful but are suggesting transfering domains to the account. I have all my domains at 123-reg and would prefer to keep them there.

Soldato
OP
On my existing hosting I have several domains pointing to 1 account. The domains are held at 123-reg. When I added a domain to the account I just changed the nameservers for the domain at 123-reg and then on the host account I imported the domain which set up the DNS and MX records for the domains. Simple as that.

It seems that I cannot do this with register1 and have to transfer the domain from 123-reg.

Man of Honour
Ok - looking at the Reg1 VDS info it says you can have "UNLIMITED Extra Virtual Domains" so I'd assume you can just set the nameservers and add it to your account?

I can't see why you'd need to transfer the domain to them.

Associate
In my experience, whilst I didnt need to transfer them, it made the whole process much simpler. with the domain on their system i was able to make use of their free email and web forwarding systems.

If your current registrar provides this functionality, then you should simply be able to use their instead of register1's.

Back
Top Bottom