• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Catalyst 6.1 Released

Soldato
OP
Issues Resolved in Catalyst® Software Suite 6.1

The following section provides a summary of the issues that have been resolved in the latest version of Catalyst®. These include:

* BattleField 2 Special Forces: A blooming or ghosting effect is no longer noticed when playing the game in night vision mode. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21263
* Beyond Good and Evil: Flickering artifacts are no longer noticed on the game characters after approximately 15 minutes of game play. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-20795
* Dark Age of Camelot: The game no longer exits to the desktop immediately after launching, or after playing for up to 15 minutes. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-20794
* Everquest II, The Fall, and World of Warcraft: A VPU Recover event or the operating system failing to respond no longer occur when playing the game. Further details on these resolved issues can be found in topic number 737-21437
* Half-Life2: Enabling Catalyst AI no longer results in the outer edges of the water appear dark or black in color. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21448
* World of Warcraft: Rotating or zooming within the Blackwing Lair or Seering George level of the game no longer results in a VPR Recover occurring after approximately a few minutes of game play. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21265
* Catalyst Control Center: The Display Properties aspect is now translated correctly for Traditional Chinese. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21440
* Attempting to hot-plug a DFP display device using the HDMI-DVI connector no longer results in the DFP display device failing to display an image. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21442
* Viewing TV for several hours under Windows XP Media Center Edition on a system containing either an ATI Radeon® X1300 or an ATI Radeon® X1800 no longer results in an extraordinary long delay in the shut down and no longer results in Windows XP MCE TV failing to restart. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number
* The radio seek function found in the Windows XP Media Center Edition operating system is now functioning properly when using an ATI Radeon® X800. Further details on this resolved issue can be found in topic number 737-21449

Known Issues for Catalyst® Software Suite 6.1

The following section provides a summary of open issues in the latest version of Catalyst®. These include:

* Alias MotionBuilder 6: Loading a model in MB6, followed by rotating the object, may result in shadows appearing corrupt and flickering being noticed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21450
* AutoCAD 2005: Using the 3DORBIT command to rotate or zoom may result in the display hanging for a few seconds when having hardware acceleration enabled in AutoCAD and a 3D object in the drawing. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21451
* AutoCad 2006: Corruption may be noticed when moving the mouse pointer around the desktop area. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21465
* Creative Muvo 2: Recording an FM Radio broadcast may result the captured file failing to open when attempting to playback the FM broadcast. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21461
* City of Heroes: Running Shadertest 7 may result in slow performance being noticed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21463
* Dragonshard: Playing the game under Windows XP Media Center Edition with CrossFire™ enabled, may result in the screen becoming out of sync, and a scrolling display image occurring shortly there after. Further details can be found in topic number 737-20975
* Fable: The Lost Chapters: Playing the game under Windows XP MCE may result in the shadows found within the game appearing jittery, when the desktop resolution is set to 1024x768 32bpp, and all the game options are set to default. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21184
* Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth: Playing the game under Windows XP SP2 using an ATI Radeon® X800 series product may result in intermittent display corruption being noticed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21458
* Neverwinter Nights: Playing the game under Windows XP on a system containing an ATI Radeon® X800 series, may result in the game exiting to the Windows desktop and an error message being displayed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21466
* Path of Neo: Texture corruption may be noticed when playing the Kung Fu level. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21464
* Serious Sam 2 Demo: Enabling CrossFire™ may result in a performance drop being noticed when playing the game under Windows XP Media Center Edition. Further details can be found in topic number 737-20976
* WARHAMMER: DAWN OF WAR: Starting a skirmish game on a 4 player map under Windows XP, may result in the game performance appearing choppy when using an ATI Radeon® X800 series, and having all of the game options set to high. Further details can be found in topic number 737-20974
* The Apply button in the Custom settings of the Advanced mode, found within the Catalyst® Control Center Video standard settings, is grayed out when playing a media file. Further details can be found in topic number 737-497
* Connecting an HDTV to an ATI Radeon® X700 series may result in the HDTV being detected as a CRT or TV under the Windows XP operating system. Further details can be found in topic number 737-20783
* Attempting to install the integrated WDM driver under Windows XP may result in an error message being displayed indicating that the hardware is not installed because the install Wizard cannot find the necessary software. Further details can be found in topic number. 737-20784
* The PAL FM fine tuning algorithm is currently using 200 MHz bandwidth which may overlap FM channels resulting in the same FM channel being found several verdana during the scan function. Further details can be found in topic number 737-20979
* Launching the Adobe Gamma calibration application and moving the gamma slider back and forth, may result in the Task Manager being filled with cli.exe until the system becomes low on memory. Further details can be found in topic number 737-20980
* Catalyst® Control Center: The preview for the Deinterlacing aspect found in the Catalyst® Control Center is currently unavailable when using the ATI Radeon® X1300. Further details can be found in topic number 737-20986
* The Video Preview found in the Standard Settings aspect within the Video option of the Catalyst® Control Center, may fail to provide a preview after hotplugging an LCD panel to an ATI Radeon® 9500 or 9800, when selecting to extend the desktop. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21173
* Connecting two display devices to the ATI Radeon® X850 CrossFire™ Edition and one display device to the ATI Radeon® X850 XT may result in the display device connected to the Radeon® X850 XT still being active once CrossFire™ is enabled. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21177
* The WDM Drivers may not be enumerated due to the Capture chip not being detected when using the ATI Radeon® X850 XT (ViVo) as a slave card on a system containing an ATI Radeon® X850 CrossFire™ Edition. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21178
* The secondary display device may fail to activate when attempting to enable clone mode when using an ATI Radeon® X800 GTO. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21179
* Using the Custom option when installing the software driver may result in the Theater™ 550 software driver not being present. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21183
* The apply button may remain inactive when attempting to change the Hue and Saturation settings found in the TV Properties\Avivo Color settings when enabling a TV as the primary display device and a CRT as the secondary display device. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21264
* Connecting two display devices to an ATI Radeon® X1600 series product may result in the device manager failing to detect the secondary display device. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21266
* Display corruption may be noticed when returning from a full screen DOS session under Windows XP or Windows 2000 when using an ATI Radeon® X800 series. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21452
* Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight: The frames per second may be lower when moving the mouse cursor over a chat window during a multiplayer game. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21453
* Catalyst Control Center: Enabling clone mode may result in the refresh rate being locked at 60Hz when using an ATI Radeon® X700 series product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21454
* Display corruption may be noticed when configuring the DTV channel to 1080i broadcast when using an ATI HDTV Wonder. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21455
* The LG P42SX DVI-D display device fails to display an image when connected to an ATI Radeon® 9000, ATI Radeon® 9200, or an ATI Radeon® 9250. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21456
* OpenGL Extension Viewer: 2.0: Running the Rendering tests may result in a black box appearing when the fog option is enabled. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21457
* Connecting an HDTV as the secondary display device and enabling Theater mode may result in HDTV failing to display an image when attempting to playback a movie with extended desktop mode enabled. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21460
* The IBM T84H display device may fail to display an image when connected to the DVI connector on the ATI Radeon® X800 or X850 series. Further details can be found in topic number 737-21462

Soldato
A random name said:
I'm still using 5.11's on my x1800, i'll be waiting for some benchmarks to see if there's any performance increases/decreases :)
Defo update.... i swear the 5.12's were the ones with the huge benefits for the X1800 series (especially in OpenGL).

Associate
These are pretty essential drivers if you have a X1600pro. I used to have a lot of jittering and stuttering in NFS :most wanted. Ran FRAPs after I installed 6.1s and I was getting 57-61fps on 1024x768 with medium settings, no stuttering at all and very smooth. I set to full screen anti-aliasing and I went down to a solid 47-50fps again with frame blocking or stuttering at all. BF2 seems even smoother but I never had any probs with before.
I know there are not many x1600pro owners out there but if you have one then these drivers are vastly better than 5.13. I got ann extra 100pts on 3dmark2005 to 3900 at stock settings.

Rob H

Soldato
for x1800 owners there really isnt much of a change, maybe slightly faster by like 1fps but thats all! 3dmark 06 runs exactly the same!

I just installed them anyways but no noticable increase anywhere

Associate
Problems...

The Catalyst Control Centre won't run. :eek:

Comes up with:

CLI.exe application error

The application failed to initialise properly.

The driver must have installed properly as I have just run 3DMark06 and it picks up the latest drivers... :confused:

Any ideas how I can get this Control Centre to work..? Do I need this to run if the driver has installed properly...?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom