For guitarists: Behringer Pedals

Associate
Someone mentioned the Behringer range of £15 guitar pedals and im thinking of getting a couple but i was just wondering if anyone has any and if theyre any good? I was thinking of the Blues Driver and the Digital Delay (which isnt out yet, any ideas when it's gonna be released?). Granted you cant go wrong for £15 but if theyre total pap id rather avoid altogether.

Also anyone know if they can be run off the same power supply as the boss stomp boxes? Would be useful as i could then mix and match with my other pedals.

Soldato
I've got the Ultra Metal UM100, it sounds ok, but it is very noisey with the distortion turned up to about 1/3rd of the way. The build is ok aswell, although you can quite easily tell how cheap it must have been to make when you go to change the battery.

The blues driver might add less noise to the signal as it'll probably be distorting it less, no ideas on the digital delay.

Despite sounding alright, i've not actualy used it since i first tried it (a month ago or so), and whilst i might again in the future, i can't see it happening frequently.

Whilst this is only one pedal, i'm guessing the rest of the range are pretty similar. If you're like me and have something else that can do a similar job, and are just trying some alternatives, then you probabaly won't end up using it much.

Runs off a 9V DC supply/battery so if the connector is the same then i'd imagine it'd be fine. (If not, its only £15 right? :D)

Hope this helps :)

Suspended
It was me who posted the big thread

Personally I've got the chorus and the flanger - try getting that from boss for £30 for the both of them. :)

The flanger has a lovely sound - my guitar almost has a natural chorus on it so its harder to pick out, but rounds out my electro-acoustic tone lovely.

The out of town electronic parts shop sells a thing called a "power brick" which powers 5 pedals for £20, with cables. And it says "AC/DC" on it :)

Suspended
It does, but as they sell PC parts I cant mention it as per the rules. But its £20 there - £15 cheaper than stringsdirect.

Come on, theres only one out of town electronic parts supplier :p

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I've been using their cheap multi fx unit for a while and whilst not the same it's really good for the money.

Associate
OP
Cheers guys, i found the power supply Chronos-X and i'll be ordering it shortly. Im gonna try out the pedals before i buy them to see if theyre even worth £15, but i cant really see going wrong with paying £30 for the Behringer pedals when the Boss models would cost me about £150. And if theyre duff i'll just flog them somewhere.

Associate
I think for the money these are good pedals for the beginning/bedroom guitarist who is looking to get a feel for what the various effects are and how they could use them together with their current rig.

Its a small outlay for an average sounding set of pedals.

I have seen other plastic cased effects that are lower quality for double the price.

I think for the distortion stomp boxes though I would recommend spending a little more and getting either the Boss DS-1 or looking at the Digitech range of pedals, like the Hot Head or the Screaming Blues.

I certainly wouldnt gig with them unless they were on a pedal board and I remembered to use them gently.

Associate
bcjames said:
Im going to pick up the Tremelo one. My Boss one is being a poo, and for £15...

Once you have got it, can you post up a demo file of it so we can all have a real world listen to its quality.

Heard the Guitarist magazine files but they didnt have much to show that really shows it off.

Back
Top Bottom