• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My new budget card....AWESOME!

Soldato
Ordered up an Abit 9550X Turbo Vguru 128mb which arrived today, is basically a 9550 card with a dual bios jumper system, just happens that the 2nd bios is capable of taking the card to 9600XT spec :D

So for my £36 i have a card that will happily clock 523gpu and 394(788mhzDDR!!!) mem, ran ati tool and checked for artifacts and i didnt miss a beat at these speeds, just running a benchmark on the machine now in 3dmark so will post up results in a sec

System spec is

1800+ XP @1543mhz (stock)
512mb of generic DDR2700
Above GFX card

r9550guruangle2zn.jpg

Soldato
OP
3952 Points.....system has been on benching and me playing games for last 3 hours tho, so is a tad hot.

Damn respectable for a £60 machine

gfx card was free too hehe, building a budget machine for lady at work, and she agreed to buy me that card with the bits for her machine as payment for building her rig up :D :D :D SCORE!

THE BLACK BEAST RULES!

Soldato
OP
lololol, i reckon if i give it overnight to cool down and give it a kick in the teeth first thing it may hit the magic mark, could try push the clock a lil bit further and see what i can do :D

Soldato
OP
big ol cheap heatsink in the post.....only got a duron/athlon piece of pooh stock thing on there atm (new heatsink is inlcuded in the £60 budget btw ;))

then its clocking time :cool:

Soldato
phatboy said:
lololol, i reckon if i give it overnight to cool down and give it a kick in the teeth first thing it may hit the magic mark, could try push the clock a lil bit further and see what i can do :D

you should try it before the sun comes up and the heating turned off, so everything is as cold as is can go :D

Back
Top Bottom