Decent gamepad for FIfa/PES?

Soldato
Pigeon_Killer said:
I've got the Logitech Cordless Rumble Pad 2 and I think it's excellent. It's a replica of the PS2 gamepad.
I'd get one of these over a PS2 converter. One good reason is that its actually designed for PCs. You don't hear of as many problems with a good PC pad like this, compared with the PS2 convertor on sale on a certain website.

However it depends on how much money you want to put in. A PS2 converter is very cheap, but I didn't like it all that much. The more I used it, the more I realised how much it limited the pad and how much I would have preferred a proper PC gamepad.

Associate
OP
playing PES is a pain in the butt, im used to playing Fifa on the keyboard but PES is all different. Think im going to try out the convertor thing as i like the PS2 control d-pad.

Soldato
a1ex2001 said:
Can't say I've had any problems at all with my PS2 converter limiting the pad it worked exactly the same as it did in a playstation right down to the lame annoying vibrating thing!
I hate having to disable half of the adaptor just so I can use it with a single pad.
I hate how buttons aren't pressure-sensitive (no stopping that though)
I hate the bloody vibrating.
I hate how the damn analogue sticks never seem to be properly calibrated.
I hate how some buttons don't work properly in older games.

Soldato
I've just bought one of the wired XBox 360 controllers to use for my PC. Awesome controller and I think I like it even more than the PS2 controllers. although the actual Dpad isn't much good, not up to the PS2's standard anyway.

The rear triggers are nice and te button placement is cool too.

Soldato
Logitech Dual Action Gamepad (GC-006-LG) here. :)

V.similar to a PS or PS2 pad, USB so simply plug it in and away you go. I use mine for PES and NFS games. Good, and not too expensive (~£15), does exactly what it says on the box! ;)

Oh, and none of that rumble nonsense.

Associate
PinkFloyd said:
I've just bought one of the wired XBox 360 controllers to use for my PC. Awesome controller and I think I like it even more than the PS2 controllers. although the actual Dpad isn't much good, not up to the PS2's standard anyway.

The rear triggers are nice and te button placement is cool too.

Seconded - very nice controller and not too expensive.

Soldato
Killerkebab said:
I hate having to disable half of the adaptor just so I can use it with a single pad.
I hate how buttons aren't pressure-sensitive (no stopping that though)
I hate the bloody vibrating.
I hate how the damn analogue sticks never seem to be properly calibrated.
I hate how some buttons don't work properly in older games.

You seem to really hate PS2 convertors for PC's.

I have to say, i have never had ANY problems with mine, got it for a fiver off ebay, plugged it in, plugged my pad it, didnt even need to calibrate it worked straight away.

all buttons work in all games
dont have to disable anything in order to just use one pad
as i said, analogue sticks were calibrated straight off

Soldato
EA are gits IMHO and for some reason, make it very difficult in their games to use anything other than their "Recommended" pads.

Why they cant use DirectX as it was intended, I dont know why :(

All other games work fine when using 3rd party gamepads. Can somebody let them know its the 21st century and we dont need seperate drivers for individual gamepads now :( Just make the game compatible with DirectX and that will do the rest.

Soldato
nick_cfc said:
You seem to really hate PS2 convertors for PC's.

I have to say, i have never had ANY problems with mine, got it for a fiver off ebay, plugged it in, plugged my pad it, didnt even need to calibrate it worked straight away.

all buttons work in all games
dont have to disable anything in order to just use one pad
as i said, analogue sticks were calibrated straight off

I really hate PS2 convertors because they didn't deliver. I bought mine, used it for a while, loved it, and then it started to annoy me. The analogue sticks were NEVER fully centred and I got some very slight, but still unwanted movement.

I did have to disable one of the ports, because otherwise, if I plugged in a single pad, it would totally screw up and move in all directions at once, for some reason which I cannot comprehend.

My convertor was made by joytech, and is now unused. Going to buy a real gamepad soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom