MOH:Airbourne

Associate
Anyone seen this news snip in PC Gamer mag ? Looks promising, sounds like the non-linear side of things is a good change

Anyone know when it's due out ?

Associate
as above, i think EA have ran this game to its limits and now bf2 is taking all their time i cant see these games getting back to the level of greatness AA was

Soldato
snow patrol said:
mohpa was a major let down - it promised so much and failed to live up to the hype. I won't be holding my breath over this one.

I'm with you on that!. They got a lot of work to do if they want to be up there with games like DOD S and Allied Assault.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
snow patrol said:
mohpa was a major let down - it promised so much and failed to live up to the hype. I won't be holding my breath over this one.

Tbh i liked mohpa, the pace, the story, the graphics, the detail, it was a fine game. I think it took a lot of flak because it wasn't call of duty. It was a really well crafted game imo.

Soldato
kdd said:
Tbh i liked mohpa, the pace, the story, the graphics, the detail, it was a fine game. I think it took a lot of flak because it wasn't call of duty. It was a really well crafted game imo.

Im with ya m8 i really enjoyed the last one still dont why it got so much abuse but everyone carnt be happy at the same things i suppose.
anyway ill be looking forward to the new one despite what other may say :p

Man of Honour
Yep I'm in the rather strange position of liking MOH:pA but not being much of a fan of the three MOH:AA titles. Basically (from a singleplayer point of view), the MOH:AA games were just poor versions of CoD/CoD:UO. MOH:pA on the other hand had some very atmospheric sections, reasonable story and characterisation, was very polished, and at least brought something new to the table in the form of squad commands, calling for medics etc. I'm not saying that MOH:pA is better than CoD, because it isn't, but at least it's a bit different.

Instead of having a static beginning to each mission, players will survey the landscape from the air, leap from a plane, open their parachutes, and guide themselves to a starting point of their choosing.

Once feet touch ground, the game becomes a first-person shooter in a free-roaming environment

I wonder how this is gonna work. I bet it will be one of those features that sounds great on paper, but when you actually sit down to play the game, you'll be left with very limited choices and still a fairly linear game. E.g. your dropsite may simply mean you start of at one of 4 different locations on a grid, and then take on missions in different orders depending on where you start, or something like that. It's all very well having a so-called free-roaming environment, but what's the betting there will be an objective marker telling you were to go, leaving little point in just roaming about where you fancy.... probably be the dreaded WWII "minefields" meaning instant death if you stray too far off course, or shin-high fences that for some reason you can't climb over.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
You've got to love ea's marketing dept.:

Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced Medal of Honor AirborneTM, the newest installment from EA's critically-acclaimed Medal of HonorTM franchise *which was credited with pioneering the First-Person Shooter (FPS) WWII genre when it debuted in 1999*

by whom exactly?

XPE

XPE

Soldato
kdd said:
You've got to love ea's marketing dept.:

Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced Medal of Honor AirborneTM, the newest installment from EA's critically-acclaimed Medal of HonorTM franchise *which was credited with pioneering the First-Person Shooter (FPS) WWII genre when it debuted in 1999*

by whom exactly?

i believe thats what is called BullS**t :(

Associate
I'm always gonna be excited when a new WW2 shooter is announced. Even if the last MOH was poorly received. I think EA would have learned from the negative feedback they received about PA and would be making this new game with an eye to improving on a few things.

Winter '06 is the only ETA i've heard floated so far.

Soldato
XPE said:

i dont think so

mohaa was the first ww2 shooter that was any good imo and still is the best today, maybe not in gfx but genral gameplay i still play it more over cod2 quake4 bf2 and fear, its a game that can never be remade to something better imo mohaa is mohaa and you aint gonna beat it any time soon

Man of Honour
XPE said:

I don't think it's such an unreasonable claim. In 1999 there weren't many WWII FPS - certainly not on consoles - and this was before the likes of Hidden & Dangerous remember.

To be fair though, despite the plaudits MoH gained, it wasn't until 2002 when Allied Assault was released that it really hit the big time.

Associate
OP
The non-linear aspect of Airborne and it's randomness looks interesting, at least they are bringing something new to the table
MOH:pA is underated, primarily let down by poor opening levels which put you off playing it through, Im glad I stuck at it as their are some levels in the latter part of the game that are as good if not better than anything in COD1 and COD2, unfortunatley most people who love COD1 and COD2 have never experienced these levels as the game went in the cupboard after map 3, they've missed out

Same story with BIA:RTH30 and BIA:EIB, I'm near the end of EIB and again, the last few maps are awesome, If you play on difficulty as a Rambo-esque you last 20 secs, If however you play it properly its very very rewarding

Back
Top Bottom