starship troopers

Soldato
Any one seen the movie? lately ive been watching the animation series (got it from love film) and i can say it is cool the only downside is just they dont shoot nothing but bugs, anyone else into it?

Maybe im a bit late but it looks good animation wise so why is it not a big hit like pokemon or the spiderman series?? :confused:

Soldato
i think it was straight to DVD (the animation) and was a 15. Not really suited to kids TV.
Films good though, tounge-in-cheek sci-fi... just NEVER play the game :)

Mic

Mic

Soldato
I remember watching the cartoon on sky one years ago.
Check out the Starship Troopers 2 straight to dvd movie. Not as bad as you would expect.

Associate
agreed, it was horrible! the animated series was average at best, watchable though :p nothing beats the original though, not even the book (to me, i always enjoy the movies more than the books for some reason:o)

Soldato
I heard fans wrote in and complained that Casper van dien wasnt in in he just wrote back saying hes touched but glad hes not in the sequel.

Can understand why ;) He proberly turned it down for a slightly higher budget made for tv action film.

I doubt anything can top the 1st one, Denise Richards, Doogie Howser M.D and Casper was a golden trio, tis sad to see a bad sequel.

Soldato
Original movie, anything with Doogie howser in is golden
The RTS Game, great fun storming about with loads of grunts
The animated series, wicked sky one fun.
The Sequel :O

Not played the FPS but it might be okay....

Associate
The animated serious was out a while back i have all of them on on DVD there called roughnecks: the starship trooper chronicles i think there about 5 years old maybe more like 7. There was a big internet drive at the time to get more made as the bugs actually manage to get to earth but i think sony/ tristar said they didnt want to make anymore... not sure really. i need to read the book as like people have said its ment to be good. as for the film i liked it for the tongue in cheek humour, since it came from mr robocop himself paul verhonen (sp)

Timbo

Soldato
Starship Troopers is a cinematic atrocity of the first order, I spent the whole movie thinking "this has GOT to get better at some point!" and it never did, filmed in the dark (or Doomovision) in one room with rubbish green screen effects for when they did go outside, I not suprised it didn't get a big screen release, I fact I'm suprised they wasted the money on printing the DVDs. The only thing which sold it was that it was spuriously connected to the original. Simply awful

MB

Associate
I used to really enjoy the cartoon series on Sky One all those years back made a nice change from the stuff that was being shown at the time, pretty dark & brooding at times.

I've been meaning to pick up the DVD's ever since but something else always cropped up that I spent the money on instead :(

Think I might add them to wish list again & see if I cant find them cheap enough now.

Neil

Soldato
Sorry, ment to say

Matblack said:
Starship Troopers II is a cinematic atrocity of the first order, I spent the whole movie thinking "this has GOT to get better at some point!" and it never did, filmed in the dark (or Doomovision) in one room with rubbish green screen effects for when they did go outside, I not suprised it didn't get a big screen release, I fact I'm suprised they wasted the money on printing the DVDs. The only thing which sold it was that it was spuriously connected to the original. Simply awful

MB

Really enjoyed the first one :)

MB

Soldato
HighlandeR said:
I doubt anything can top the 1st one, Denise Richards, Doogie Howser M.D and Casper was a golden trio, tis sad to see a bad sequel.

Laaaaaapdance.... :D (From another completely pointless but none the less entertaining hilarious movie)

1st was great, turn off your brain action with amazing CGI.
2nd was quite possibly one of the worst movies i've seen.

Associate
1st movie is a bit of a cult film in some ways, poor boxoffice and poor reviews but enjoyable film, some of the CGI was way ahead of its time, more than holds up today, the action was immense too
not seen 2nd one though

Associate
I thought the first movie was a comedy it was so bad, very painful to watch, or am I missing something?
I enjoyed Mars Attacks though.

Back
Top Bottom