iPod not being recognised

Soldato
Hi, for some reason, all of a sudden, my iPod is not being fully recognised by iTunes.

It connects to the pc fine via firewire, I can see it as a drive in My Computer. It starts charging, but iTunes is not opening, and nor is the iPod updating.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Associate
Have you tried reseting it? A similar thing happened to my Nano the other day, i reset it and it worked again fine.

To reset:

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
2. Press and hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons until the Apple/iPod logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds.

Soldato
I had a fright with my brand new black video ipod 30gb being stuck on language selection screen - fortunately I found out about the 5R's that apple call them , including the hard reset ( pressing play/pause and menu simultaneiously) and it worked 1st time, which was a mighty relief

Soldato
OP
Sussed it.

It was a problem with the latest iTunes release.

Uninstalled 6.1 and redownloaded it. When I installed it, I noticed the Apple site has reverted back to 6.0, so obviosuly there have been issues.

Cheers

James

Soldato
OP
Nope. I haven't sussed.

Well I have now.

Just after reinstalled, and typing the above post, I uninstalled Quicktime (really hate it).

When I went to reload iTunes, it's saying it can't as there are parts missing.

Clearly they've linked the two together so you have to keep QuickTime.

James

Back
Top Bottom