Anyone here on bulldog ?

Associate
I signed up for a new line with bulldog before xmas

so im on the 1 month contract and going to give it a try out can cancel if its not very ***,

but what speeds have you lot found

a line in the property connected to thus 1mb

had 50 attn

and 30snr both ways (they could be the other way round)

any ideas what i would get ?

Caporegime
If they're the other way round, it'll make a fairly significant difference :p
That said, 50dB attenuation is significantly more likely than a 50dB SNR. Would expect significantly more than 1Mbps.

daz

daz

Soldato
I'm on the 8mbit LLU service (Brixton exchange... maybe not many net users? :o) and get 850-900KB/s from a decent server. :)

Soldato
Im on LLU in liverpool, and i am having problems, but i dont think its bulldogs fault at all, the BT line i had into the flat i moved into was bad in the first place by the looks of it. I have called bulldog many times and they have been very helpful,with their engineers calling me back within an hour telling me what they intend to do to stop my disconnections. They have been friendly and very helpful and customer service has been good.

Caporegime
derbyjake said:
does having more then one adsl line in the building reduce the speeds of the others ?

ie 2 others down the incoming cable
if bt decide to split it again

No more than any other lines attached to the exchange.

Associate
OP
even if the the cable comes into the building and the masters are side by side using the same cable coming into the building ? ie 2 to one master 2 to another and 2 to the new one ? bt seem to like doing this saves them doing a lot of cabling

Caporegime
derbyjake said:
even if the the cable comes into the building and the masters are side by side using the same cable coming into the building ? ie 2 to one master 2 to another and 2 to the new one ?

Yes...
It might be the same "cable", but it'll be a different pair for each line.

bt seem to like doing this saves them doing a lot of cabling

If you're referring to DACS, ADSL doesn't work with it. Both lines will be dedicated copper pairs.

Back
Top Bottom