How Cool is this story!!! (69 Camaro)

Associate
LINK LINK LINK

This car looks shweet and by the sounds of that story is quite a monsta!

Just looks so evil.. "GET OUT OF MY WAY"! hehe :p
113_0504_red01_z.jpg

Love this bit:

"That’s when it happened. Amid the polite conversations of tire ratings and frequent V-12 tune-ups there came a rumble that seemed to generate from well below the earth’s crust. We hot rodders in attendance recognized it as the sound of a high-compression big-block Chevy firing up. The rest weren’t quite sure what was happening until R.J. Gottlieb backed Big Red out of the trailer, clunked the Jerico into First gear, and slowly idled the surging, barking, bright red ’69 Camaro between the rows of shiny new sports cars"

Love it :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Big red has been doing the rounds for a while now. I didn't read the article, but it's a monster and runs in a race called Silver State, something like a 150 mile run where many of the cars can complete it in just over an hour. Drivers get killed every year and much exotica is trashed!

Associate
OP
"Big Red destroyed the 94-mile course in 27 minutes, 54 seconds, for an average speed of 197.99 mph and a radar-recorded 222-mph top-end velocity. That was in 1989, and the legend of Big Red had just begun."

1989 WOW

Mic

Mic

Soldato
needmorespeed said:
something about that front end doesn't like right to me.

will it fit in my mondeo :D
No, but im pretty sure your mondeo will fit in it!
That thing truelly is the stuff of legend. Id love to have been there for it.

Soldato
HotRod Magazine said:
We’re not sure how many cars will show up that can actually get to 200 mph in only a mile, and the thought of standing on the brakes at two bills is a little shaky, but they’re going to do it.

OMFG!! I SO wanna go see this!!!!!

The image of some cocky boy-racer standing on his Civic's brakes at 150+mph is just too comical. I only hope none of the numpties that try it get killed!!

Back
Top Bottom