WHATS WITH THE SOUND ON GTA SAN ANDREAS!!?

Permabanned
Hi guys,

im aware of the sounds bugs and stuff with the pc version of san andreas, but i cant hear any in game audio speech (cutscenes are 'usually' ok)and vehicle noises etc. are fine, is this a bug or is my setup wrong?

Suspended
probably a bug. i didnt have a problem personally but i remember sound issues with gta vice and gta3

sound card/on baord you got?
and what drivers?

Associate
i had the exact same problem, where ambient noises where playing, but as for gun shots, car sounds etc, absolutely nothing. the only way round it was to lower the hardware acceleration on the sound card to "standard" or whatever the option is. didnt have an impact on performance, and didnt seem to change in game sounds either, so thats my 2 pence worth. :)

hope this helps.

Soldato
I had that problem.

All i did was change my speaker settings from 5.1 Surround to 4 speakers.

it's because the speech uses the center speaker but for some reason, yours doesnt work, so you have to disable that speaker altogether so that the sound will be directed to your other ones.

Permabanned
AMDRulz said:
i had the exact same problem, where ambient noises where playing, but as for gun shots, car sounds etc, absolutely nothing. the only way round it was to lower the hardware acceleration on the sound card to "standard" or whatever the option is. didnt have an impact on performance, and didnt seem to change in game sounds either, so thats my 2 pence worth. :)

hope this helps.

Might sound stupid but where is the option to do this? Ive been having problems and despite patching the game it still doesnt work...

Associate
I had the same problem (sound vanishing during rain/thunder), which was fixed by dropping the hardware sound acceleration to its lowest setting. On patching the game, i found i could put it back to max without the problem recurring.

Permabanned
sup3rc0w said:
WHATS WITH USING JUST CAPS IN THE THREAD TITLE, IS THAT BECAUSE YOU MEAN IT MORE?

I HOPE THAT WASNT AIMED AT ME BEING AS IM NOT THE THREAD STARTER

Barbie said:
I had the same problem (sound vanishing during rain/thunder), which was fixed by dropping the hardware sound acceleration to its lowest setting. On patching the game, i found i could put it back to max without the problem recurring.

Ive tried that, the sound just stops working..:confused:

Back
Top Bottom