Recommend me an ISP...

Permabanned
I have a MAC from Tiscali! Yes! So I can move away anytime in the next 30 days whilst it's valid.

I'm thinking of going to PlusNet on there 2mb 30:1 contention service, which is a little pricey at £22 a month, but perhaps worth it?

Any PlusNet users out there who can vouch for them (or warn me not to go to them!) and does anyone else have any recomendations for a new ISP? Except NTHell, Wannapoo and BT Internet :p

Soldato
Do yourself a favour, steer clear of plusnet. Its a 20GB a month cap on premier, expensive considerign the price. Alsp all your P2P applications are trafficed and usually go pretty slowly.

The only reason im still with them is because its a £80 disconnection fee.

Permabanned
OP
I probably should have said what I used my broadband for...

I use my broadband for Xbox live, a couple of hours of ebay each night (the wife) and 4-5 hours of WoW a week. And email...and that's it.

No P2P etc so 20gb limit is plenty for me :)

Soldato
If thats all you want it for then PN are very expensive for your needs. They used to be very good for returning great pings in games, but i would argue they are borderline average now.

If thats all you use it for, and you really want PN then have a quick look at their PAYGO service, they are currently offering 10GB of bandwidth, and free evening/weekend telephone calls for £19.99 a month, then £1.25 for every GB you go over your 10GB limit. Thats what Im looking at now as its seems better than paying a disconnection fee. Its a special offer though, so dont know how long it'll be in place.

Associate
I think over the last few months

Bulldog have improved greatly in terms of performance, customer service.
Zen is always very reliable.

Avoid Plusnet, Pipex, Freedom2Surf.

Freedom2Surf has gone downhill like sinking titanic over the last 3 months. rubbish CS, rubbish net speed 24/7, 8meg working like 512k for me and many others.
I just can't wait for the 25th Jan, when Bulldog install my new telephone line and Internet.

Permabanned
OP
i'll check demon out too, thankyou.

price isn't too much of an issue. i'm prepared to pay around £25 a month for a 2mb connection. i thought plusnet were quite reasonable, but i'll avoid them. and i want to avoid "budget" isps like tiscali, wannadoo etc.

you get what you pay for

Back
Top Bottom