• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New graphics card please?

Associate
Right, I've decided to plump for a new graphics card, but I don't know which one to get. It's got to be pci express, have at least 256mb and cost around £100 pounds, maybe less. I'm not looking for anything mega powerful, just something that'll get my by until I can afford to buy one that makes a PS3 look crap :) . Also I'd rather go with nvidia because I don't really trust ATI, but I might consider switching.

The XFX GeForce PCX6600 Extreme Edition 512MB (£100) looks nice as its clocked really fast (560mhz :eek: ) and got lots ram but I heard that that the 6600 was a useless chipset. What about the XFX GeForce PCX6600 256MB? Its probably not very good but its only £60. I also saw overclockers offering a 6800gs for only £138, which makes going for a 6600gt a bit pointless. Would the extra £40 or £80 pounds for the gs be worth it in extra performace, bearing in mind that its only a temporary card.

Any thoughts on my predicament, anyone?

Soldato
TBH, 256Mb is only really used in the X800s and higher, if you set the quality high enought to fill the mem the GPU core would be overloaded.

Look at reviews, find the ATi/nvidia PCi-E cards for around that price and compare them, google for 'VGA PCI-E charts' and there is a big comparison between all the latest cards :)

Conc

Back
Top Bottom