OMG, Everyone quick read this..........

Soldato
I have just stopped a colleague making the most expensive **** up, in his short life. He was looking for some new memory and was told about this site, and he had got it into his mind that Cosair was the best on the market and was going to shell out £471.92 inc VAT for XMS 1GB XMS3200 2-2-2-5 2x184 Pin DIMM Pro w/LED :eek: :eek:

I was gob smacked at the price and even more when he had his credit card out :(

I have showed him the error of his ways and sent him off to OcUK to buy some OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC4000 Dual Channel Gold GX XTC Series EL-DDR CAS3 at less than half the price.

It does make you wonder, and its quite scary at what ppl do when they know squat about computers :rolleyes: :o

Soldato
OP
Firegod said:
Is that a mistake or sommit? :o

Not that I know of, its still showing that outrageous price on their website. I don't know much about Corsair, so maybe some one could see if they have some thing special that I cannot make out for that price :confused:

This memory kit was specifically designed for motherboards supporting dual channels of registered PC3200, such as AMD Athlon 64 FX based platforms. It is ideal for high performance gaming and for graphics applications that require large memory arrays. It offers an unprecedented combination of high speed and high density. TwinX memory kits are designed to provide the ultimate in performance and stability in dual channel boards. These parts have been verified to operate at DDR400 (200 MHz at 3-3-3-8) in a dual-channel motherboard.

Main Features
Product Description Corsair XMS memory - 2 GB ( 2 x 1 GB ) - DIMM 184-PIN - DDR

Storage Capacity 2 GB ( 2 x 1 GB )

Technology DDR SDRAM

Form Factor DIMM 184-PIN

Memory Speed 400 MHz ( PC3200 )

Data Integrity Check ECC

CAS Latency CL3

Features Dual rank , registered

Manufacturer Warranty Limited lifetime warranty

Soldato
OP
smids said:
Good Lord!!! Lucky you were about. I guess he owes you one (or indeed more!).

Yes, he will be getting the beers in, next time we are out on the lash ;)

kimandsally said:
That must be the special edition with diamonds to make the lights look brighter.

That's what I was thinking, I just wonder what him and other people have been doing by shopping on that website in the past :(

Soldato
mysticsniper said:
That's what I was thinking, I just wonder what him and other people have been doing by shopping on that website in the past :(
Getting voluntarily mugged?

It's almost as bad as going to Leicester Sq and trying to buy a ticket at the Odeon there.

- 'That'll be £12 please'
- 'How about, no?'

And we're students!!!

Soldato
ajgoodfellow said:
It wouldn't have worked either if he didn't own a Socket 940 AMD Opteron/Athlon 64 FX based system. If he does the other memory won't work!
Good point, I didn't see that it was ECC registered RAM. No wonder it cost so much.

Associate
I_Am_Vengeance said:
Lets face it, ******** isnt much better, price wise. Think of how many people shop there. 60 quid for a stick of no name/generic 512mb pc2700, yes please! :)

They probably go there because they don't know any better or they don't have a pc to go onto the net to buy stuff at decent prices.

Oh i maybe wrong but mentioning "the purple shirt brigade" maybe classed as a competitor so you might want to edit the name.

Back
Top Bottom