Was thinking about the Samsung SM930-BF, but not sure now...

Associate
Hi,

I'm in the midst of finalising the spec for a new system which will be running dual 19" monitors. I'd read reviews about the SM930-BF, but now I don't think it's appropriate for what I am going to be using it for. It seems that it is more of a gamer's monitor, and its fast response rate comes at the expense of other qualities. I won't be using it for gaming, instead it will mainly be used for live financial charts (I'm a futures trader), internet browsing, and general office tasks.

I'm drawn to the Dell 1905FP instead, but with that I can't be sure which version I'll get - obviously with two monitors, I'd like them both to be the same.

Can anyone suggest an alternative?

I'd like a monitor with DVI inputs.

Man of Honour
I think you are right in avoiding the 930BF for your uses, it is very much a gamers screen and really does sacrifice in other areas. I think the Dell 1905FP would be an excellent choice, offering much wider viewing angles, smooth movie playback (if you need it), a true 8 bit colour depth and a good black depth. The two versions are very similar when it comes to static use, i doubt you could notice any difference between the 20ms PVA edition and the 8ms P-MVA edition in any use other than gaming to be honest. Do not worry about getting one of each, as far as image quality and these characteristics above go, they will be very comparable. If you're ordering two at the same time then chances are they'd be from the same batch anyway, and most orders seem to be giving the 8ms ver at the moment (certainly from OcUK recent orders anyway). Have you thought about perhaps getting a single larger screen? maybe worth considering? If not, 2x 1905FP would be ideal i think

Associate
OP
Thanks Baddass.

One single monitor would be easier, but I just need as much screen space as I can get, so I don't think I would achieve that with one large monitor - it would have to be enormous to match two 19" screens.

Do you think there would be any way of OcUK knowing whether two monitors were from the same batch, from the markings on the outside of the box (serial numbers or bar codes etc)?

Man of Honour
i doubt it tbh, but like i said, they are going to be very very similar in static use really, with the application of overdrive being the difference noticable in gaming and fast images. I think the odds are pretty high of getting 2 of the same tbh, and with recent buyers all receiving the 8ms version, you could end up with 2 excellent screens :)

Permabanned
Papillon said:
Thanks Baddass.

One single monitor would be easier, but I just need as much screen space as I can get, so I don't think I would achieve that with one large monitor - it would have to be enormous to match two 19" screens.

Do you think there would be any way of OcUK knowing whether two monitors were from the same batch, from the markings on the outside of the box (serial numbers or bar codes etc)?
lol what you trading CFDs? i used to do that till 9/11 cant seem to get back in, gone down the IT rd since then.

Associate
OP
Hi crashuk,

I trade futures on the US markets, and am just starting to get into trading forex now too.

I don't know much about computers and have always just bought off the shelf, but now after recommendations from various friends, I want to try building one up for myself.

Back
Top Bottom