BlackMesa Source: A TRUE Half Life Source with COMPLETELY New Textures

Soldato
Some bits they are going to add/remove and change but it will be the same story. Cant wait to play it. Its a big task, and they will pull it off i think. Really really looking forward to this.

Soldato
fini said:
wont valve stop this as they're making money out of selling HL1 still in the silver and gold packs?

fini

Vavle once said that someone will re create the half life experience. And i dont think valve mind whatsoever. I read it somewhere on the BM:S site.

Soldato
OP
Good point, but its not actually Half Life 1 is it.

The casual gamer wont know of its existence anyway.. and any serious fan will have HL1.

VALVE appear to be freindly towards their community so think theyell be OK with this.

At the end of the day, I think Valve know that Half Life 1 deserved a much better "SOURCE" treatment than it got so think theyre happy to let someone else have a go.

Soldato
moddb_st1.jpg

Does look very nice :)

Man of Honour
Been around for quite a long time now, but it is coming along very nicely.
Just hope we see it before Half-Life 3. :p

This pic especially looks sexy :D
Click Me!

Off to play Half-Life: Source now I think :D

Last edited:

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Gimpymoo said:
Good point, but its not actually Half Life 1 is it.

The casual gamer wont know of its existence anyway.. and any serious fan will have HL1.

VALVE appear to be freindly towards their community so think theyell be OK with this.

At the end of the day, I think Valve know that Half Life 1 deserved a much better "SOURCE" treatment than it got so think theyre happy to let someone else have a go.

lets face it we all know what VALVE will do, when its finished they will bye the mod for pennys off the mod team, package it and sell it and make another big pile of money :(

Soldato
XPE said:
lets face it we all know what VALVE will do, when its finished they will bye the mod for pennys off the mod team, package it and sell it and make another big pile of money :(

There has been no sign of this in the past. In fact, they employed members of the Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat team if I recall correctly.

I do like it when people bad-mouth companies for being successful (Microsoft, Valve, etc) when in fact they haven't a clue about the businesses and their practices.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Memphis said:
There has been no sign of this in the past. In fact, they employed members of the Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat team if I recall correctly.

I do like it when people bad-mouth companies for being successful (Microsoft, Valve, etc) when in fact they haven't a clue about the businesses and their practices.

i didnt bad mouth them for being successful, i bad mouth them for selling on what used to be free user made mods. And i sure the people involed with these mod could have got a job any where in the industy not just valve

Man of Honour
Remember Valve are being awfully nice to support mods the way they do, they have good support for developers for pretty much nothing. I wouldn't really care too much if they charged for Black Mesa, I'd still buy it if it was reasonably priced.

They bought out CS / DoD back in the day as they were hugely popular, and got a lot of support, and made sense to anybody with with any sort of business idea that there was a lot of money in CS / DoD. You wont see that in Black Mesa, yet at least, as it's probably not going to be downloaded as much, or played as much.

Back
Top Bottom