• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Recommend a mid range card for an Enermax Venus mATX case

Soldato
Putting together a microatx system for browsing, torrents and the occasional game. Got myself an Enermax Venus micro atx case from OcUK, which has a 270w psu, but a reasonable 12v rail (20a). The mobo I am using is an MSI RS482M-IL, Xpress 200, Socket 754, and while it has onboard sound and graphics it doesnt have DVI which I would like and is probably not good enough for the odd game at 1280 or even 1024.

Anyway, I am thinking of a midrange card like the 6800GS or the X1600XT, (I hear the 6800GS performs better then the 1600XT) but am very unsure if this psu can really handle it. Other components I am using are not that stressful.

- AMD 64 3000+ 754 - I got lucky here and got a 90nm one, and it has a 51w heat output which is the lowest output of any of the AMD desktop cpu's. Will be using stock fan.
- 2 x 512 Ballistix PC3200 DDR
- WD 3200 320gig SATA
- Pioneer 16x DVDRW
- Floppy drive
- 2x80mm case fans
- external usb wifi dongle

Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has this case. I can always settle for a 1300 Pro if need be but dont want to risk a 6800GS if there is no chance of it running.

Back
Top Bottom