Transporter bridge: Take 2

Soldato
As i saod in my other thread, i went down to get some evening shots of the transporter, i don't know the best place to get it but these are from right next to it again.

All 30 second exp.
What do you think?

transnight1.jpg

transnight2.jpg

transnight3.jpg

Associate
Indeed mate. I really like ths shots, but when/if taking them again, try and get more of the bridge in. What focal length are you using? Id suggest something like a 28mm or lower even if necessary. Course that might be what you are using, im not sure. If you are going to take a shot in portraite, or landscape for that matter, try and use 3rd's rule, by filling the lower 1/3 with the water, ad the rest with the bridge. Might find that helps with more than just these photos: Its a good trick to remember :D

Soldato
OP
woodsy2k said:
Indeed mate. I really like ths shots, but when/if taking them again, try and get more of the bridge in. What focal length are you using? Id suggest something like a 28mm or lower even if necessary. Course that might be what you are using, im not sure. If you are going to take a shot in portraite, or landscape for that matter, try and use 3rd's rule, by filling the lower 1/3 with the water, ad the rest with the bridge. Might find that helps with more than just these photos: Its a good trick to remember :D

The shots were taken @ 18mm (24mm inc. crop factor) i was stood literally 20 metres away from it ;)
I don't know the area around the bridge very well so not sure of the best place to shoot it from (apart from actually on the river ;) If i used the 3rds rule on this type of shot, i'd lose the reflection i was after, i have shots using 3rds rule but they don't look as good as these shots, thsanks for your opinion anyway, each to their own etc :)

Soldato
OP
webmonkeyuk said:
better m8 but yeah u need to be out a bit more to get it full in the shot. did you try it from the football grounds?

Lol, i went there on the way home, i completely forgot it was the Fa cup replay against nuneaton, so erm, no, coz i couldn't park up anywhere :(

Associate
The shots were taken @ 18mm (24mm inc. crop factor) i was stood literally 20 metres away from it. I don't know the area around the bridge very well so not sure of the best place to shoot it from (apart from actually on the river If i used the 3rds rule on this type of shot, i'd lose the reflection i was after, i have shots using 3rds rule but they don't look as good as these shots, thsanks for your opinion anyway, each to their own etc

Ahh fair enough. I guess it is a personal thing. Either way, like the shots :D

Soldato
Nice shot :)

Might I recommend you grab a telephoto and your wideangle and then stand at the end of it, where the supporting beams are and then get a shot of looking right the way up it, kind of like my town hall picture in my scraps and right the way along it too, maybe getting the other end in too?

You may even get the reflection in too!

Soldato
OP
Gamefreak501 said:
Nice shot :)

Might I recommend you grab a telephoto and your wideangle and then stand at the end of it, where the supporting beams are and then get a shot of looking right the way up it, kind of like my town hall picture in my scraps and right the way along it too, maybe getting the other end in too?

You may even get the reflection in too!

i don't understand what you mean, mounth the telephoto then stick the wide angle at the end or something?

Soldato
wez130 said:
i don't understand what you mean, mounth the telephoto then stick the wide angle at the end or something?

Sorry...I'll try to explain myself better;

What I meant was, perhaps you could try positioning yourself at one end of the bridge, and then hold your camera up whilst looking through it, getting a viewpoint like this:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/17921317/

or this:

http://thomashawk.com/hello/209/1017/1024/Digital Bridge.jpg

And at the same position angle your camera slightly less extremely, looking straight forward and maybe use the lead in lines of the bridge so the image starts off at your end, where the bridge pillars/supports are, and the architecture automatically leads you to the other end of the bridge, perhaps towards the other pillars.

I hope this helps :o

Soldato
OP
Gamefreak501 said:
And at the same position angle your camera slightly less extremely, looking straight forward and maybe use the lead in lines of the bridge so the image starts off at your end, where the bridge pillars/supports are, and the architecture automatically leads you to the other end of the bridge, perhaps towards the other pillars.

I hope this helps :o

You mean something like this?

bridge.jpg

Back
Top Bottom