• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

dvd from comp to tv

Soldato
I have just tried my s-vhs tv out from my 6800 (not le or gt or ...) and it is pap. No colour/questionable quality.

I was wondering how else I could get the picture onto my tv - perhaps component would be better (the white red and yellow plugs)?

If so, what kind of kit would I need? Top end sound card?

:confused:

TIA,

Soldato
Composite is the one with the yellow (video), white and red (audio) cables. It's generally regarded to be a fair bit lower quality than S-Video.

What type of TV do you have? If it's not one of the latest flat panels/high end CRT then it's unlikely to have component input.

A normal soundcard/onboard sound can handle audio just fine with a 3.5mm -> phono (red + white) cable.

Soldato
OP
Are s-video and s-vhs the same?

my flatscreen was reasonably cheap for a 28" widescreen hitachi. It has 2 scart, composite and s-vhs inputs.

The audio is fine from my comp, it's the picture that I want to be able to get on my tv for films etc.

Caporegime
Display properties> Settings> Advanced> GeForce 6800 Series GPU> Display settings (in sticky out bit)> "click" on tv> Device settings> select TV Format> advanced> then change the video out format to composite.

This will change the screen from black and white to colour (it should have been on auto), dont ask me why it needs to be on composite when your using s-video but it does :confused:

Anyway that should sort it out for you without having to change leads.

Permabanned
I had the same issue yesterday with onboard Nforce 2 graphics, deleting the drivers worked for me although I don't have any TV out options, might be time to update the drivers.

Back
Top Bottom