What are those keys on a Mac?

Caporegime
You know on a PC board where you have Insert, Delete, PgDn, PgUp, Home, and End. I was using the PowerMac G4 in one of the edit suites here this evening and pressed what I thought was "Home" to go to the beginning of a line, and nothing happened. I only really noticed at that point that these buttons were labelled something weird. Delete is still there, but "Insert" is "Help", and then there are 4 funky arrows for everything else.

What the hell do these do, are they the standard Home, PgUp etc buttons and the program I was using (Media 100i) doesn't use them, or are they something totally different? Can I get a home / end button on a Mac without buying a new keyboard? This is pretty important to me and would likely be a deal breaker to purchasing one.

Thanks

Sic

Sic

Soldato
im not sure if it's the same (probably isnt) but on my PB keyboard i use command right arrow for end and command left arrow for home. try it

Soldato
keyboard4.jpg

1: Brings up help in the application currently active
2: Well, err, obviously, deletes stuff :p
3: Same as Home key on a PC keyboard - takes you to the top of a document
4: Same as End key on a PC keyboard - takes you to the bottom of a document
5: Goes up a page, same as a PC
6: Goes down a page, again, same as a PC

Caporegime
OP
OllyM said:
3: Same as Home key on a PC keyboard - takes you to the top of a document
4: Same as End key on a PC keyboard - takes you to the bottom of a document

Bzzz. Wrong. Home and End for me take me to the start / end of the current line of text. But as someone said up there, Cmd and arrows will do the same thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom