My new dual loop sli watercooling! (lots of big pics)

Soldato
Right.. I've had a dual loop setup for a while (well.. a while for me.. 3 months I think) always had some issues with it.. namely...

too many kinks
too small tubing (thin walled 1/2")
bad routing for sli (1 maze 4 turned 90 degrees to the first to give the tubing a big loop to avoid kink)
bog standard green coolant

And finally, most importantly the 2nd pump was residing in my 3.5" bays leaving me room for only 1 hdd which was half full and also we just moved to a digital camera so I wanted some backup options be them RAID/dantz etc.

So.. I'm finished.. its done, here are some pics of my exploits!

Before:
DSC00038.jpg

(see little yellow cable ties holding up all the kinks?)

disassembly and reveal of trade secrets for tidy wiring!

DSC00044.jpg

Next the 120.1 that has air sucked over it.. this is 3 months of dust in a non smoking household! (plenty of talc around with the baby though)

DSC00048.jpg

needless to say the filter has gone back in.. stuff the noise!

Soldato
OP
Right.. really getting it to bits now...

DSC00051.jpg

(started changing my mind at this point)

Water kit drained/spilt all over kitched..

DSC00050.jpg

and after what seemed like hours of cutting (3 meters of tubing and I have 4" left!!!)

DSC00059.jpg

note the dyes.. the blue is allegedly dark blue and the pink is allegedly blood red! whats more I'm only supposed to have half the dye I have for blood red!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
going back in.. and with the thicker tubing it really didn;t want to know.. many cuts received!

DSC00060.jpg

I had to do some in situ changes to the sli bridge again as I had cut too much pipe and cocked up a pipe route (hence the half empty tube)

DSC00063.jpg

but then.......

DSC00067.jpg

ITS IN!!! yes I have a cable clip over the sli link but it's only one (red one removed now) and it is a hella tight bend so I can live with that.

Soldato
OP
Obligatory darkness shot..
DSC00079.jpg

would you believe these pics are with a 7.2mp sony dsc? Just goes to show how bad things can perform in the hands of people who just won;'t read manuals ;)

So.. its working, its much nicer, much quieter (due to inclusion of 2 papst fans rather than vantecs) it fits better (bad length on gfx 2 to rad on first pic made window hard to get back in) it's not leaking as I can tell and I have 2 hard drives!

Success all round.. shame the red isn't red but hey.. my 4 year old girl loves it and believes me when I say I did it for her.. :p

Here endeth another chapter in the life of mr "I do it because I want to prove I can"..

Any comments welcome!

Soldato
Looks like a good job mate :) nice and neat but that's secondary to performance and quiet, hence why mine is a mess lol.
What Lian li case is that by the way? looks a bit similar to my 6070B
I'm going to be taking mine out soon, changing tubing putting a waterblock on my 7800 that i took off my old 6600, not looking forward to it one little bit :(

Soldato
OP
weescott said:
Very nice! Job well done!

Did it take much to get the 120.1 in the front there?

I must get round to adding my second loop sometime! Darn i just remembered, I need ANOTHER new motherboard first!:rolleyes:

DSC00339.jpg

thats the extent of it, I can never put the drive cage back because I had to remove the bracket and I have no post beep anymore cos the speaker's gone :D

Soldato
OP
no I meant the lower drive bay.. the floppy bay is still there, if you look at the bottom of the case there's a series of holes, thats where the speaker and a sliding cage mechanism for the hard drive cage was.

Its the thing with the holes in at the bottom right of the case

DSC00016.jpg

it was fixed in with rivets that I had to dremel off from the underneath of the case.

Soldato
OP
welshtom said:
sweet Matt :).

Everytime on that on kitchen worktop eh ;)

you need a shed my man.

Tom

lol.. got one.. a big one!

Its just down the bottom of my garden which without wanting to sound like I'm bragging is too far away from the house for me to be bothered using (about 150ft) especially considering I've neglected the garden so its dark, has no path and is covered in grass/leaves etc. 2006 is garden project year!

As far as pc work goes I only use it for dremeling..

Besides its cold and wet and there are big spiders in it :eek:

Back
Top Bottom