Speedfan + Akasa Ambers?

n3x

n3x

Associate
Ok i just put in my new 120mm akasa ambers hoping to be able to adjust the speed via speedfan... does anyone know why speedfan picks up the speed but wont let me change it? :(

Could it be that my motherboard doesnt support changing the speed of the case fans? i can change the cpu fan speed :confused:

Last edited:

n3x

n3x

Associate
OP
Just checked and apparently the mobo supports it so why doesnt it work? its the only reason i bought the fans! :(

Soldato
Its not the fan's fault, its the motherboard. I wouldnt trust speedfan anyway, it nearly toasted my cpu once by shutting the fan off completely and not powering it back up even when the cpu got so hot the pc shut off.

Soldato
Your lucky you get yours picked up, I have 3 aska 1200mm case fans and doesnt pick up any of them. Well only the CPU one, but will not allow me to change the speed of it (stuck at 750rpm)

Associate
in all honesty i dont find the ambers that quiet, i replaced my rear 120mm fan with the amber as i was pleased with the front case fan, but (got the antec sonata) i dont think i would hear a louder fan because its about 10cms into the case, behind my hdds. Its deffinatly the amber at the rear which is the main noise of my case, i have turned it off and it is much quieter, tis on 12v tho.....

Associate
Try going to configure > advanced select a chip (my mobo uses a 'IT8712F at $290 on ISA') and change 'PWM # mode' to 'software controlled'

hope this helps

Soldato
mike64 said:
Try going to configure > advanced select a chip (my mobo uses a 'IT8712F at $290 on ISA') and change 'PWM # mode' to 'software controlled'

hope this helps

That didnt change anything for me :(

Im thinking of getting the Amber fan controller anyways :)

Back
Top Bottom