Looking for some fan airflow/voltage figures

Soldato
Hi there,

For my AS Physics coursework I'm doing a project involving measuring the airflow of a fan at various voltages. I need to compare the data I get with some official data for the airflow at various voltages for a specific fan. Can anyone link me to a data sheet or table with the relevant data for a fan? Preferably it'd be for an Akasa Amber, Antec, or Delta fan as already have these to hand.

Thanks

Associate
Hi Mate,

Why don't you just approach the Fan companies themselves. I am sure they would be glad to help and share some of the data you require.

Benny

Soldato
OP
MikeTimbers said:
Also remember that most measurements will have been taken in "free air". And a fan in free air is not doing anything useful. Fans degrade exponentially as voltage falls when trying to move air through an obstruction.

So does that mean that in a uniform wind tunnel (ie: a rolled up sheet of card) with no obstructions the airflow degrade exponentially when the voltage is dropped?

Soldato
Not as far as I know. In free air, the airflow will degrade linearly with reduced fan speed. Whether the fan speed degrades linearly with voltage will depend on the motor, and possibly the design of the blades. There are lots of variables here.

Soldato
OP
MikeTimbers said:
Not as far as I know. In free air, the airflow will degrade linearly with reduced fan speed. Whether the fan speed degrades linearly with voltage will depend on the motor, and possibly the design of the blades. There are lots of variables here.

Yeah that's what's confusing me:p. I'll report back with my findings when i finally do the thing. Thanks:)

Back
Top Bottom