Port forwarding and azureus?

Associate
I'm having problems with Azureus. When I launch it it kills my net connection and the only way to get back on the internet is to reset my router. :confused:

I found Azureus has a problem with routers and the ports it uses so I followed instructions on the internet and created a static IP address to allow for port forwarding.
Is there any way to check if this has been set up correctly or has anybody any other ideas as to why this would happen.

Soldato
i had some odd problems with azerues and the port forwarding in the end i gave up on it and i started using utorrent thing instead.

What router u on?

exs

exs

Associate
Broon said:
BT voyager 205.

Best thing to do is change the default port.

First, remove all the ports you fowarded from it from your routers control panel

then set azureus in Tools > Options > Connection and set the port number to say, 2643.

Then, go into Transfer ( on the left, same section still ) and use the following settings:

18kbps.

(make sure tick box is off)

(uncheck this box, if not already)

And thats about it, leave the last two options as they are.

These settings will limit the amount of connections azureus uses.

After you've done this, close azureus and open your routers control panel to the port foward section. Then set both TCP and UDP for 2643 (or whatever port you typed in, Not the default port though, otherwise you may be left with the same problem)

Then, make sure your firewall is setup correctly to allow azureus to connect.

If all else fails, and these modifications fail, then remove your java package and azureus, then go to the official azureus homepage, re-download the new java package they recommend aswell as the azureus... restart.. and then apply all the settings i told you about before. Let me know how it goes.

Associate
OP
No luck. I have azerues running through port 49000 and have set my static IP address then went to router config and made a NAT rule as shown here. It isn't an issue of two many connections as there is no data transfer either up or down stream. :confused:

exs

exs

Associate
accept port 2493.

Then turn off your default firewall. ( windows xp )

In, settings > control panel > Network Connections > YOUR NETWORK (right click) Properties > advance tab ( you should see firewall )

just turn it off.

Suspended
Used Azureus for ages now and never had any probs. On Pipex 2mb using Netgear DG834. I've set the port to 60001 in Azureus and forwarded the ports in the Netgear settings and allowed Azureus in the Windows Firewall. Make sure you have the latest java for Azureus to run right. Its been known to cause problems.

exs

exs

Associate
Borris said:
I'm not sure if Azureus needs it, by forward both TCP and UDP ports, which seems to help.

Yes, it needs UDP because otherwise it cannot utilise the distributed database. (decentralized tracking)

Associate
I'm useing Azureus, just forwarded 56059 - 56061 both udp-tcp on Linksys BEFSR41.

Also got th SP2 firewall turned on, its running fine, also use peergurdian.

I dont have a static IP, so just ignore that as your router gives your computer it's ip.

Back
Top Bottom