Logitech Cordless Desktop MX

Associate
Hi, okay, I've just installed Windows XP SP2 on my new PC, and everything has installed fine with the exception of my mouse/keyboard drivers.

They both "work" but when I installed the software that came with the PS/2 Logitech Cordless Desktop MX mouse/keyboard, iTouch version 2.15, everything got a bit crazy...

At first, I got the Secure Connect window appear, telling me there had been a problem, and I should press ctrl, left alt & F12. Nothing. So I had to close it. It appeared again and nothing again. Okay... so I closed it, and checked for the latest drivers.

There are newer drivers, version 2.22, on the Logitech website but when I downloaded the Win XP version and tried to run the it222enu.exe file, I'm told "Sorry, this software is not compatible with your operating system. Your device will still provide basic functionality. The Installer will now close."

Great. Well, I installed the latest mouse drivers and there was no problem... I tried uninstalling the old iTouch and installing the new version, and still no luck. I went back to the version 2.15 on the CD, and the mouse stopped working! So I took the mouse driver off and put the old one on, but to no avail... So I tried the new version again, and the mouse works again. Very odd.

Currently the control pannel tells me I have an "Easy Internet Keyboard (106 Key Ctrl+Caps)" which I have no idea if it's correct, and an "MX700 Cordless Optical Mouse on the PS/2 Port" (correctly). The keyboard is now running Driver Version 2.15 (using i8042prt.sys, itchfltr.sys and kbdclass.sys, if that means anything to anybody); The mouse is running Control Center version 9.79.025 and Mouse Driver version 9.79.

I can't get the F-Lock key to work on the keyboard, possible others but I dare not try them! Nor can I get the keyboard into secure mode, with the application not recognising my ctrl, left-alt & F12 key combo to get onto the next step.

If anybody has any ideas how I'm meant to get the latest drivers on, get all my function keys working, and get this keyboard into secure mode, please let me know! This is driving me crazy! It's 3:17am and I have work in the morning; I've been trying to get the damn drivers to install for about 5 hours now :eek:

Associate
OP
*Bounce*

Mouse is working again for no good reason, not that I can complain... Secure Mode Wizard still keeps popping up though, and new iTouch software still won't install. Please, if anybody has any ideas let me know!

Thanks in advance.

Associate
OP
*Bounce*

Sorry for keeping on doing this, but I fear somebody out there must have had similar problems or have some suggestions, and I don't want them to miss this and leave me to smash up my PC with a hammer in anger.

Associate
OP
*Bounce*

I can't believe nobody has _any_ suggestions to help me out here? I've spend *hours* trying to fix it, trawled the internet, been on the phone to Logitech tech support, talked to workmates... I bought this PC over a week ago now, and it's going to be out of date by the time I get the damn thing working!

Loads of people must have a Logitech cordless keyboard? One of those people must be using WinXP Pro SP2? If you are that person, please can you at least let me know if you've managed to get the iTouch v2.22 drivers installed?

Do you have the driver files available that you could maybe send to me? Has anybody got any ideas on how I could maybe extract the driver files from the downloadable .exe file?

Anything comes to mind please let me know!

Associate
Good evening,

I have the MX stuff but i dont use itouch stuff (and use 2k aswell) but I decided to reserch the problem and stumbled across this forum thread on the logitech forums. It appears you are not alone and I briefly read a soloution on there aswell.

Hope it works for ya.

Associate
OP
ShakenNstirred said:
no need to keep bouncing mate
that will just get the thread closed.
is it just an MX or is there numbers after, ie mx3000,mx3100 as the MX uses itouch and the mx3000/3100 uses setpoint

The keyboard/mouse were bought in a single pack: Cordless Desktop MX (M/N: Y-RJ20).

The reason I bounced it is because more people would read it... Like Overload did. I know it can be annoying, but it paid off :p

Overload - I have no idea how you managed to find that, but you are a star! I've got the new drivers installed, and all I can say is thank you, thank you and thank you!

I am still having some problems mind; the Secure Connect screen still keeps popping up. Could this be to do with the fact it was in secure mode on my previous PC?

The keyboard still works (with the exception of the F-Lock key still :confused: ), but once or twice per boot, I will get a full-screen secure connect problem. It says the keyboard is not in secure mode on the iTouch software. Any ideas on this one people?

Associate
Another_Mook said:
Overload - I have no idea how you managed to find that, but you are a star! I've got the new drivers installed, and all I can say is thank you, thank you and thank you!

I am still having some problems mind; the Secure Connect screen still keeps popping up. Could this be to do with the fact it was in secure mode on my previous PC?

The keyboard still works (with the exception of the F-Lock key still :confused: ), but once or twice per boot, I will get a full-screen secure connect problem. It says the keyboard is not in secure mode on the iTouch software. Any ideas on this one people?

I know i'm a star :p
Just used a bit of googling skillz.
I have the same model and it started to do some crazy stuff but I found a solution - take off the facia and disconnected and removed the silver bit.

The f-key sounds like a bad connection on the keyboard itself though this is just a guess.

not sure what secure connect is but will reseach.

edit: do you want to be able to switch the f-key off and use the 'shortcuts'?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Okay... I've found the solution on the same forum you provided the link for Overload!

For future reference, if anybody else has Logitech cordless problems, the solution is to remove the batteries and press *every* key repeatedly like you were touch-typing for a good few minutes, including all the fancy iTouch keys and the like... This clears the capacitors in the keyboard, fixing all the special function keys and sorts out problems with the secure connect!

Why Logitech technical support couldn't tell me this I'll never know (they suggested trying to install the drivers in safe mode, which didn't help) :(

You've made my day anyway, so thanks a billion man!! :D

Associate
Another_Mook said:
Okay... I've found the solution on the same forum you provided the link for Overload!

For future reference, if anybody else has Logitech cordless problems, the solution is to remove the batteries and press *every* key repeatedly like you were touch-typing for a good few minutes, including all the fancy iTouch keys and the like... This clears the capacitors in the keyboard, fixing all the special function keys and sorts out problems with the secure connect!

Why Logitech technical support couldn't tell me this I'll never know (they suggested trying to install the drivers in safe mode, which didn't help) :(

You've made my day anyway, so thanks a billion man!! :D

hehe, no problem mate.
Tbh I wasn't getting anywhere with my research and started to watch TV.
Good to hear all is sorted.

Back
Top Bottom