Rotating monitor ? widescreen?

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

In addition to normal use (browsing, games etc) I am also going to be using my pc for a lot of word processing as I have to write my thesis :eek:

I was wondering how helpful it is to be able to work in 'portrait' mode when word processing. Furthermore I'd imagine the screen ratio of a widescreen monitor would help even more, but I've never seen one that could rotate anyway (as they'd probably be unable too unless the axis was high from the desk/table, ...do they exist ?

Any info would be great.

Ta

Seirrah

Associate
I've seen a vesa monitor stand that you can attach to any vesa screen and it has rotate, tilt, give height adjustment etc, think it was about £35

it was called "Ergotron Neo-Flex LCD Stand"

so you can then rotate any almost tft

Last edited:

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

OP
Nice. Would you say it actually helped though ? (compared to a normal screen in portrait, or compared to simply horizontal)

Caporegime
I normal 4:3 monitor is great for vertical work like this, my current Acer does it and it's fab. If only 2 Flaws.

1 - TN panel means the not so good vertical viewing angle now becomes the horizontal one.

2 - When you scroll down the page, you you can really tell its refreshing the page from Top to bottom (or right to left as you look at it.).

Back
Top Bottom