Silentium T2 Case - stupid question...

Associate
What is the box just behind the power supply for? It's looks about the right size to fit a hard drive in, and has rubber supports (for vibration reduction?), but doesn't have a fixtures.

Do you just balance the hard drive in there or am I completely missing the point?

Associate
Yeah, it's supposed to be a HDD muffler.

The drive slides in, then a plastic cover with cut-outs for the cabling holds it in place.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
OK, Thanks. That's what I thought...just suprised that there is no insulation for preventing short circuits across the HDD or anything, but then again, i guess that aluminium doesn't conduct anyway!

Soldato
Samtheman1k said:
OK, Thanks. That's what I thought...just suprised that there is no insulation for preventing short circuits across the HDD or anything, but then again, i guess that aluminium doesn't conduct anyway!

Aluminium does conduct electricity, rather well actually there was a time when they wired houses with it!

Soldato
nah its a ok conductor of heat, so acts as cooling, and all the circuits on the board on the hard drive are recessed anyway.

Just they way that everything is designed to work with each other.

Associate
has got crappy clips on the cable cover though, snapped one off on first installation.

and the elastic bands snap. i opend my case one day to see the HDD a bit saggy looking, and spotted the rubber band on top of the CPU cooler.

lost the spares it came with as well :)

so i just put the side back on and ignored it. thing makes too much noise anyway with the bad cpu fan i have and an X800pro in it.

one day I will finish a project that I start :)

Back
Top Bottom