Anyone got a Jap PSP?

Soldato
I've been offered a Jap PSP, brand new and with some PSP goodies, for a bargain price. A stupid price in fact. All legal and above board too.

Does anyone have a Jap PSP? What problems have you encountered with using it?

Associate
i have a ceramic white jap psp

have encountered no probs with it

only thing is that the o button is used to select and x is used to go back a step
(reverse from uk psp)

just takes a few days to get used to

jap psp's are same region as uk ones, so it will play all uk umd movies no probs and it'll play games from any region

BUY IT !

Soldato
also the same altho im very bored of it and selling it on

what firmware does it have on it? Think im safe to say there is a program u can d/l that will reverse the buttons back to normal. Its free to distrubute so cant see harm in mentioning it :D

Caporegime
Jap one here, had it for months and months, had no problems with it at all, im to going to sell as ive never used it for about 3 months or so now, its just sitting here somewhere collecting dust, been meaning to sell it for ages now, just aint got my ass into gear and done it lol. :)

If your a fan of driving/racing games then go for it as thats all you can get apart from the odd one or two.

Last edited:
Associate
Got another Japanese PSP here collecting dust. It'll probably go towards my HDTV fund when I sell it :)
Its region 2 and games have no region lock out so they might as well be UK PSPs anyway.

Soldato
Also got a Jap PSP and didn't realise there was an issue with the buttons, but not owning a PS2 (and so long since I've used a PS1) I've not had a problem. If you can get it at a good price then go for it.

Soldato
OP
OK, there seems to be some confusion over the Jap PSP/UK Firmware issue, but if it doesn't change the X and O buttons back it might not really be worth it! That was my only thought about changing the ol' firmware in the first place.

If I was playing a UK game on a Jap PSP, running either Jap or UK firmware, are the X and O buttons only swapped in the PSP menus or does this affect the games as well?

Soldato
glitch said:
If I was playing a UK game on a Jap PSP, running either Jap or UK firmware, are the X and O buttons only swapped in the PSP menus or does this affect the games as well?
Nope, if the game same hit X then X it is. I believe the usage swap only applies to the system menu.

Back
Top Bottom