Help! No idea how to terminate this cable?

Associate
I have purchased a pair of Beyer DT290's to replace my dt234 pro's (which gave up the ghost) but they've arrived with a cable that's unterminated
I wish to use this headset with my pc sound card so I need a means of terminating the cable so I have two 3.5mm interconnects (one to the left and right channel out socket and one for the mic socket). I have no soldering equipment or any knowledge of how to go about terminating this cable.
Could some kind sole point me in the direction of suitable interconnects (that preferably work without me having to solder anything ) and a decription (in laymans terms) of what coloured cable (brown,orange, red, blue, yellow green and copper as far as i can see) goes where as I haven't a clue
If it's easier I do not mind having to buy a suitable cable that's terminated as I require if it's not going to cost me an arm or a leg.

I wish the product description mentioned that the cable was unterminated so I could've probably bought everything I needed in the first place (or an alternative headset altogether).
I have heard the dt250's in action (obviously the cable was terminated) and purchased this pair (with mic) based on the performance they gave.
I was excited to receive these today and wanted to start using them straight away, but, was flumaxed as soon as I got them out of the box lol.

Any ideas

Associate
hi Hawklord,

It appears that they normall come fitted with XLR connectors from doing a number of google searches.

Were you told they would be unterminated before you bought them?? If not i'd get back intouch with you supplier and get them to explain what they aren't terminated.

IIRC i think you can get XLR to 3.5mm converters, but seeing as yours are just bare wire it won't help.

Ogbyte

Associate
OP
There was no mention as to whether they were terminated or not but other headphones they sold that we not terminated were clearly marked as un-terminated which is why I assumed these would be terminated.
I've fired of an email to beyer so hopefully they'll be able to advise me of my options.

seems to be a lot of messing about just to get the bloody things up and running:(

Back
Top Bottom