Bios CPU Fan warnings. I disagree...

Suspended
Hey,

I have an Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe mobo and yesterday I loaded up my computer to have a bios warning, warning me that my CPU fan wasn't spining fast enough or not at all.

So I turn the computer off. Side panel comes off. turn it back on and it's spinning, and it looks to be spinning fast enough. Doesn't appear to be a slow spin.

So today I took it off, cleaned dust off it (not much to be honest) and re mounted it. Checked the fittings etc...

Still got the same problem. Now I have sourced another 80mm CPU fan off the familys Packard Bell computer and I have fitted this.

Now when I boot up this fan also gets a warning but it doesn't on the PB pc and has been working on there for 6 years now!?

So I'm currently using my computer. Monitoring the temp's on Everest and I am getting a constant 30 Degrees C and the computer has been runnning for 15 minutes now?

So I was wondering. As both fans appear to be working...could the CPU fan sensor be broken?

I hadn't been poking around with ths computer before the messaged appeared but its an answer off the top of my head.

I've already had to replace the northbridge fan because that went bad. That also seemed to be a common problem. Does anyone know if this mobo has reliability issues?

Cheers.

Soldato
The broken sensor is a very probable cause. Have you tried having a look at Speedfan- This should give you both the temps and the fan RPM.
I would expect that there should also be an option in the BIOS to monitor the fan RPM & turn off this warning?
Final point, have you connected the fan using the same ('Correct') cable- I'm not sure on this but there may only be fan speed sensor cables on some of the cables but not others.

-Leezer-

Suspended
OP
3 wires. White Red Black.

So you think I should turn it back or at least ring up and ask for a new fan or something.

Looking on Everest, it is acturally running slow. 959RPM atm and 34 Degree's. So its still okay to run. As long as I keep monitoring temps.

So looks like a nagging phone call.

Soldato
Ok - I've just downloaded the manual and on page 4-38 there is the option to enable or disable the Q-Fan function.

Have you tried disabling that and did it make any difference?

If that doesn't work then try adjusting the Q-Fan temperatures as described on Page 4-39.

Suspended
OP
Q-Fans not running. I've set the CPU fan warning to 800RPM now and it warned me when I turned it on a while ago.

But it didn't warn me when I turned it on 5 minutes ago. Fans running at 898RPM :(

I'll get on the blower tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom