Lian Li PC-7 Plus or Lian-Li PC-60 PLUS

Che

Che

Associate
I currently have a Coolermaster Wave Master but its cooling isn't very good and it is too loud and my parents want to upgrade their PC so now is a good time to buy a different case. I've narrowed it down to these two cases as I think they look neat yet are quite cheap too.

The PC-7 Plus has a 120mm intake and a 120mm extractor fan at the back. I know that 120mm fans shift more air and are quiet so this is better than my current Wave Master. It doesn't have a removable motherboard tray which is a downside but nothing major.

The PC-60 Plus has the same 120mm intake but a lot of different fans compared to the PC-7 Plus. Is this going to make it considerably noisier? Is the cooling that much better?

There's only £20 between the two and that's not really a deciding factor so which one do you think I should go for?

Last edited:
Soldato
The PC7 is the case where its at out of thoose two from Lian Li's point. It gets more revisions, more parts, and in the future will probably be easier to support.

The £20 is a factor, as the two cases look very similar, and are to some degree.

The pc60 is the more upmarket of the original PC7. Depends if you need the features, but if your in doubt, save the £20 and buy a TR3a with it - they look sweet in Lian Li cases.

Associate
It's a Lian Li TR-3A, basically an LCD display + controller.

I've got a nexus 3.5" bay controller (Vantec Nexus NXP-305-BK Fan & Light Controller - Black (OA-006-VT) ) sitting in my Lian Li PC-7, looks pretty sweet and you get sound sensative neons! woo!

Keith.

S_D

S_D

Associate
I had the same dilema. My last case had a removable motherboard tray, but a friend helped me come to a conclusion by saying 'how many times are you gonna put the motherboard in or out'. In contrast, the extra benefit of my 120mm rear fan in my PC-7 SE is constant. No doubt the '7 is the right choice.

Simon.

Associate
Tim said:
Mine doesn't. 80 at back, 120 at front. Very nice case though.

Lian-Li look to have updated the core Plus model to include 120mm fans at the front and back now. The case I received from OcUK this week certainly had dual 120mm fans.

cheers
v.f.

Soldato
Yeh I think Lian Li have made the production of all models currently available of the PC7 to be identical, probably cuts down on costs :)

Back
Top Bottom