sub £120 case

Associate
this case must have a side window preinstalled so i dont have to do any modding kind of like the stacker but dont like the layout of the case

i love the layout of the lian-li v1000 with the psu and harddrive rails at the bottom in a seperate compartment

the case has to be below £120 :D

Soldato
The Tsunami is not a stunning case, its a copy, and a slightly inferior one imo!

And the Wavemaster is the same internally as a Praetorian so its quite dated for a new case, especially when you consider the door and the blocking of the front vents, makes it either a noisey case or a hot case.

Soldato
Then that makes the Wavemaster unbeatable out of the current cases, its quite a looker :D

Got any pics of your watercooling in it?

Associate
Yewen said:
Then that makes the Wavemaster unbeatable out of the current cases, its quite a looker :D

Got any pics of your watercooling in it?

No, it doesn't make it unbeatable, it just means it doesnt have to be hot or noisy.

The Wavey just happens to be my taste. There are lots of other wonderful cases out there...(and lots more again that aren't).

Its more a case of watercooling outside of it - its the usual Zalman 1 Plus, exterior passive (well, a silent pump inside) radiator, and the CPU and GPU coolers.

I'm also passively cooled on the NB chipset with a Zalman Passive Heatsink.

I don't have photos, as it isn't tidy inside - i dont spend time on see-through side panels and making the inside pretty and such, as i personally feel its garish.

My aim is silence - which i have achieved. I also wanted a nice looking case from the outside, and like i say - the blue Wavey is that for me.

M

Soldato
Ive done the same with my v1000+.

If you like the styling on a case and its doing the job you need, then it is unbeatable - As its in your opinion the best case for the job.

Associate
Yewen said:
Ive done the same with my v1000+.

If you like the styling on a case and its doing the job you need, then it is unbeatable - As its in your opinion the best case for the job.

Ahha! Do you have any photos of yours for comparison? I'll try and get some of mine sometime if it would be of interest.

And as for the point you make - agreed 100%. Its a very personal thing, and IMHO it is the best for my job.

I bet in 6 months i'll be drooling over something else tho.. :p

M

Soldato
Yeh, although the wavemasters have that look about them, I have a post in the case gallery I think, I will pick them out give me a moment.

EDIT:

Don't have any internal pics on the web at the moment, but have this in the desk gallery Mr Blobby

Associate
Yes more pics of the V1000+ plzzz! :D , this is top of my list for my next build. Couple of questions tho, how is the cooling in it? what are your system temps and cpu temps? I ask this because my old system ran at 47-53 degrees case temp and 40degrees idle for my cpu but was an athlonXP3200+ and i know the 64's run much cooler as ive built three 64 systems for various ppl. Also how does this case compare to the coolermaster praetorians. my bro has the older version without the door and it cools pretty well. His case temp is 32deg and his cpu temp idle is 30deg with stock hfs (CPU=3700+ san diego).

Soldato
If you add me to msn Murzo id be happy to take and send any pictures you want of the v1000+

It compares very favourably to the 201's ive got, its swings and roundabouts between them but the v1000+ personally is my 2nd favourite case of all time :)

It cools very well, with a x2 4400 and 7800gt, with watercooling, but when I was running stock cooling, it was still very impressive and I found it to be the equal of any other case when the instructions were followed!

My msn is below my name, and also in trust :)

Back
Top Bottom