My New 2005FPW (pics)

Soldato
I got my nice new Dell 2005FPW from OcUK today and its gourgeus! No Dead pixels or backlight leak and nice viewing anngles! Its sat next to me Hitachi 17" CML at the moment. It cost a bomb and it didnt even come with a power cable! how cheeky.

Its great for Films too, This is lost on it, so much less letter box than my old display. I've already got a wallmount for it as the stand goes back a fair way and i think it will look smarter.

p12001505to.jpg

Soldato
Looks nice hamish I got the same screen, ye as poopscoop said you will find backlight bleed unfortunately but maybe your's isnt as bad like mine as i didnt realise mine at the start.

P.S. Whats that picture/poster in the background? can you take a photo of it it looks really nice :D - where did you get it? (on the wall)

Soldato
OP
Vegeta said:
Looks nice hamish I got the same screen, ye as poopscoop said you will find backlight bleed unfortunately but maybe your's isnt as bad like mine as i didnt realise mine at the start.

P.S. Whats that picture/poster in the background? can you take a photo of it it looks really nice :D - where did you get it? (on the wall)

Its a giant family guy poster!

I made it here: http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/ and printed it out

Soldato
:eek:

Thanks for taking the time to take a picture.

Thats very noticable to me tbh, but it may be that it affects people differently.

It looks great in your first two pics:)

Associate
H'mmm, i really want a new monitor not sure on whether to get the 2005fpw or the 2405fpw.

Does anyone know if the 2007fpw will suffer from the backlight bleeding???
Also when do you actually notice it???

Looks good tho dude!!!

Associate
backseat drivers :)

Its hard to take a decent pic that indicates the bleed - trust me, when you're watching your movies and playing games, the backlight amounts to nada, beaut of a monitor :)

Soldato
OP
Its not as bad as it looks, if there is anything else on the screen you cant notice it and when it goes totally black it takes a coouple of seconds to adjust your eyes. So i'm not really that bothered about it.

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

Also, although the camera doesn;t have a flash has it gone into night mode? IF the camera is on 'Automatic' mode it might be adjusting the ISO levels to get more light in. It's quite likely that this will affect the photo.
The left side of the screen looks as though the camera has been moved (or could be something to do with the screen), maybe due to the exposure length. The LED lights are also un-focussed so it shows that the picture is not a 100% match to what human eyes would see.

Soldato
OP
Yep Seirrah, i think the camera has gone really sensitive as when i was taking the picture i certainly didnt see any bleeding. Also when there is a picture the brightness of the rest of the picture will make the bleeding invisible.

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Love the family guy poster :D

Gotta say though, if my 2405 bled that much I'd be a tad gutted, though guess if you don't notice it then it's not a problem :) Any dead pixels?

Back
Top Bottom