Oppinions - Fiat Stilo

Caporegime
Me Dad's decided to drop his MG ZS 180 (02 plate) for a Fiat Stilo Schumacher GP, the car seems to look the part but I can't help feel a little dissapointed with the sound of the engine especially concidering the twin exchaust at the rear of that car, I dunno, i just expected a little 'more'. It's going to cost him 7k with the trade in of his MG, do you think it's a decent deal?

Man of Honour
No, not really. There are numerous considerably better cars he could buy for that money rather than a Fiat Stilo. Ignore the Scumacher GP branding, it's meaningless.

He could anything from a Civic Type R or an Audi S3 to an Integra, Leon Cupra R, Clio 182 - so many great cars, or a Fiat Stilo...

Caporegime
OP
Schumacher branding means a custom Prodrive suspension kit, the car itself is only 1 of 200 made, surely that's something to shout about?

Associate
It has all the intensions of being a decent hothatch, but sadly falls quite short of the competition. Not a 'bad' car in it's own right, just no where near the top of the drivers car list or owners car list.

Does have a 5 cylinder engine and not a lot of people know that...
The suspensions Bilstein I believe, just tuned by Prodrive.

Prodrive would tune vacuum cleaners if people would buy them.

Associate
Its a shame the Stilo's always come near the bottom of every popularity/reliability survey you read. The Abarth model is loaded with more kit than I have seen on any car (full leather, full glass roof, sat nav, in car phone etc), and can be had for ~£5.5K. I'd be tempted by one, but you can guarantee it will be worth nothing in a year or so, and all the electrics will go wrong :(

Matt

Associate
You are possibly the most sarcastic person on these forums Fox. Most of the time, your comments add absolutley nothing.

I was simply pointing out that it has a lot of unusual kit and for a good price.

Matt

Man of Honour
And I was pointing out that a telephone in a car is far from useful and unusual these days and unfortunately does nothing to elevate the Stilo to such a situation where it might be sensible to consider one.

Soldato
FACTS AT A GLANCE

CAR: Fiat Stilo Schumacher special editions
PRICES: £15,995-£16,995 - on the road
INSURANCE GROUP: 14
CO2 EMISSIONS: 231/km
PERFORMANCE: 0-60mph 8.5s / Max Speed 134mph
FUEL CONSUMPTION: (urban) 20.0mpg / (extra urban) 37.2mpg / (combined) 29.1mpg

Poor economy, large price, poor performance and a Fiat sounds good. :p

Soldato
My brother had one as a compnay car, not the schumacher but the abarth one. Seemed very nice inside with reasonable trim and some nice features like the integrated satnav and memory seats etc. Certainly ten times better than my old mk2 mondeo. He only had it for 6 months though before he changed job though so as far as reliability goes I can't comment, saying that his new company car volvo has been in the shop for a lot of niggles.

Back
Top Bottom