Some Infra Red... And a matchbox

Associate
Following on from my thread asking if anyone knew where I can pick up gelatin Infra Red filters from, I was pointed in the right direction by ST8 (cheers dude).

So here's some shots having a play with a Lee polyester 87 filter. Pretty much opaque to visible light, so psuedo colour is almost impossible, unfortunately.

All shots were a bit hit n' miss. I couldn't be arsed to take the filter out every time I wanted to compose, so everything was shot in full manual, with composition & focusing mostly guesswork... (as an optical viewfinder is obviously useless...)

A log... Yup, just a log :

CLICK TO ENLARGE

A stream....

CLICK TO ENLARGE

And my favourite three from a days shooting (click to enlarge @ dA):

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Some Ivy growing on a fallen tree :

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Aaaannnddddddddd a matchbox!. Just messing about with the horizontal mounting column on my new tripod, really :D

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Comments, suggestions, critique etc... appreciated :)

Associate
OP
30 second exposure, F/5

Bear in mind using an IR filter (especially an extra dense one, like an 87) really racks up the exposure times. You can of course use a higher ISO, but IR shots really take a massive noise hit from that...

Even in very bright sunlight an exposure of a few seconds is normal!

ST8

ST8

Associate
Nice shots really like the waterfall one. The lee 87 looks suprisingly good, canny wait for some sun to have a play with it :)

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

'Dark River' is very nice, like the gloominess the picture paints.

Back
Top Bottom