HELP PLEASE-Yet Another Asus A8n Sli-Deluxe Chipset prob!

Soldato
Hi guys, i changed my chipset fan on my mobo as like nearly every sli-deluxe owner it went nuts and started screaching like a banshee!

So i installed the vantec chipset cooler (Vantec Iceberq CCB-A1C VGA & Chipset cooling kit) so i took my old chipset cooler off, and was installing the vantec, put some arctic silver 5 on then i noticed that holes on the cooler don't line up with my motherboard mouting holes :(
Currently it's fixed on ok and is fairly sturdy but the chipset 3pin connector is only kind of half on and since installing this my system temp has always been above my cpu idle temp which i have found strange as i installed 2 Thermaltake Thunderblade fans (78cfm @ a claimed 21dba but i don't believe that), now don't get me wrong these fans are awesome! and it can't be airflow into my system as i have a akasa eclipse 62 case wich i have tidied the cables and such up so i'm really lost here!

Is it there a lack of contact with my chipset cooler causing my system temp to be higher than my cpu? (idle system temp is 34c and cpu 28c).

Someone please give me a clue on what i should do because i'm considering getting a different chipset cooler but would rather not fork out the expense, on a side note if i was to buy a new chipset cooler i'd like the Zalman passive cooler, but i notice this is quite large and currently my x850xt overlaps my chipset cooler slighty as it always has, so has anyone had this problem?

HELP ME PLEASE :(

Back
Top Bottom