30Gb or 60Gb?

Soldato
Hi i could do with everyones opinion on something.
My iRiver failed on me a fortnight or so ago, and ive identifyed the iPods as the player to replace my iRiver.
Problem is that im stuck in deciding between the 30Gb & 60Gb.
I currenly have 38Gb of music, but i can shave that down to 20Gb if i delete all the stuff i dont listen to anymore.
But, im not overly keen on the 14 hour battery life of the 30Gb, where as the 20 hour battery life on the 60Gb is very appealing.
As i understand it, both are smaller than both my iRiver iHP-140 & my old 15Gb 3g iPod. Which is fine with me, so size isnt really an issue for me.

Soldato
personally i'd go with the 60gb, as its not much more expensive for double the size and better battery life. I've easily filled my 40gig ipod, and I'm waiting for an 80gig one to be released, as I really need more space as I find it very handy as portable mass storage device.

Soldato
My battery life is a bum on my ipod. fully charged I get about 6 hours music play out of it and like 20minz video before the battery life is dead :S. And I have only had the ipod video like 2 months

Suspended
I have just done the same thing early December 05.

Had the same iRiver iHP40 and I went to an iPod Video 60 Gig. I have over £40 of music and had filled up my iRiver.

You say you can cut your music to 20Gig to go on the 30Gig model but the models are never the full volume as like any HDD.

Associate
I went for the 60GB iPod a couple of weeks ago, better battery life, double the capacity and only slightly thicker.

Whatever one you get though, be sure to leave the plastic screen protector on until you get a case for it.

DanMc07 - I'd recommend you speak to Apple or the place you bought that iPod from as the battery life is completely unacceptable. It's due a repair or replacement.

Soldato
OP
I was planning on getting a DLO ActionJacket v5, as i had one on my old iPod when i had it and it was pretty good, but i cant find anywhere that sells it.
Although the Marware Sports Case is pretty good, but again, i cant find anywhere that sells it.

Suspended
if you happen to be a student or feel like posing as one. I got my 60GB iPod from apple student discount shop. Still enw and all that just got for £275 as opposed to £300.

Soldato
OP
Rednut05 said:
if you happen to be a student or feel like posing as one. I got my 60GB iPod from apple student discount shop. Still enw and all that just got for £275 as opposed to £300.
Still a student. :p
I wouldnt even be considering the 60Gb version if it wasnt for the discount. :p :D

Back
Top Bottom