iPod & Car Stereos

Soldato
when people say they have an iPod compatable stereo, what does it mean... is there a connection jack at the front or summat?

is my Pioneer DEH-77MP compatable? (i am considering getting an iPod, but one of the main uses would be in my car...) - its an absolutely cracking stereo so i dont want to change it so it all depends if it can connect up...

anyone know?

Soldato
Yeah, AFAIK they have a connector that hooks up to the docking socket (at the bottom of the pod). This normally lets you control the track/volume etc from the stereo rather than the ipod itself.

Some stereo's advertiese MP3Player/iPod compatible just because they have an aux in (3.5mm jack) at the front, but I think the 77MP isn't one of them and has the proper iPod connection.

HTH

Soldato
OP
oooooo i like the look of that adapter :D - sounds very very tasty...

30GB iPod here i come :D (decided this over the 60GB becuase there is no way i could ever use anything like that but also, its so damn slim and sexy :p)

Soldato
OP
ok peeps, i bought the Pioneer adapter jobby (shown above) but i've never connected anything like this up before... any help would be greatly appreciated :)

... go!...

Back
Top Bottom