• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The current AGP situation - Availability and whats coming.....

Associate
I upgrade my system last year. I have got a very good system and play all the latest games and if the price of the(6800GS AGP) drops to around £75.00 I will by one. After all that is the end of the AGP. That would mean there would be no warranty and no technical support for the AGP anymore. :)

Soldato
i dont think any upgrade is relevant until dx10 games starting kicking in. then everyone will probably need an upgrade.

not unless you want to play fear or unrea2k7 maxed out

Associate
Im in a similar boat to some of you. I have a shuttle SN41G2 with an XP3000+ 2GB RAM and a 6600GT AND A 19" widescreen monitor 1440X900. The 6600GT realy is struggling at native res in games like BF2 and so I need a top GFX card. However if I was to upgrade to PCIE I would need a new case,psu,mobo,cpu, maybe ram too plus a pcie gfx card which would set me back at minimum £600. Im happy to pay £200+ and it keep me going for another 18 months til I need to buy a new rig.

Soldato
steveo said:
any word on when the 7800 gs will be on ocuk for pre orders, i have a 6800u at the mo and its showing its age ;)

i don't think you'll see that much of an improvement to be honest..... but i suppose you could sell the 6800u and put that towards the cost.... :cool:

Soldato
see this is the problem at the moment i have 1 of the 2 highest end agp graphics cards the other been the 850xt pe but the next upgrade will either be the complete setup ie cpu mobo gpu or get a new card like the 7800gs and try and get it to last for a year or so untill i have enough cash for a complete upgrade but the physx(sp) cards are coming out soon so i will see what they bring :D

Soldato
willd58 said:
Im leaning towards waiting and then doing a complete system overhall, about julyish.

yea same here. cos if i upgrade now i will just have to upgrade again later for all the new games that are coming out in 2006...

ah well i will hang on for a bit longer and then do a major overhaul in a few months.

Soldato
It's not as if there are any new games that are worthy of buying a new graphics card for (although i bet loads of idiots are going to buy one just for 3dmark06)

Associate
Mana said:
yea but i dont see a 7800gs going to be able to handle new games like stalker or ut2007

jimmy29 said:
Looking at some early benchies, the 7800GS keeps up with the X1800XL.

Recommended minimum gfx card for UT2K7 is 6800Ultra. 7800GS is far superior.

I've almost convinced myself.... :D

Soldato
Did i see an OcUK staff member claiming that OcUK was the only european e-tailer to be stocking 6800GS? I hate to burst your bubble, but no your not. Iv found them on another e-tailers website for about the same price as yours! either way there still overpriced tat:)

Soldato
peetee said:
Did i see an OcUK staff member claiming that OcUK was the only european e-tailer to be stocking 6800GS? I hate to burst your bubble, but no your not. Iv found them on another e-tailers website for about the same price as yours! either way there still overpriced tat:)

I think they only made that claim for the BFG 6800GS

Soldato
jimmy29 said:
Recommended minimum gfx card for UT2K7 is 6800Ultra. 7800GS is far superior.

I've almost convinced myself.... :D

the 7800gs isnt thaaat much better than an ultra...

ah well, i will hold off anyway and see what happens :)

this 9800pro has life left in it left! :eek:

Associate
it's all the fault of the PCI-E hype anyways - what do you need a pci-express mobo for? a graphics card, yes. Anything else? Errr, no. Even Creative have said they're sticking to PCI for their soundcards (I should know, I have a Creative X-FI). Where are all the other types of cards that were going to use PCI-Express I wonder...

Soldato
puppy said:
it's all the fault of the PCI-E hype anyways - what do you need a pci-express mobo for? a graphics card, yes. Anything else? Errr, no. Even Creative have said they're sticking to PCI for their soundcards (I should know, I have a Creative X-FI). Where are all the other types of cards that were going to use PCI-Express I wonder...

Only other thing i can think about is the physics card but i dont know if they will be PCI-E or PCI, Good on Nvidia to bring out another AGP card ! :)

Soldato
i got a second pc and was considering getting another 6800nu for that machine to replace its gf4 ti4200 so more network games are playable. but insted of paying 105 quid for a 6800nu i may just go for the 7800gs and use my existing 6800nu in the other pc. would work out more economical for me then.

quiestion is where can i see reviews of a 7800gs agp? need to see benchies on how it performs to other cards.

Back
Top Bottom