new introversion title (creators of Uplink & Darwinia)

Soldato
WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME? *in computer voice*(AKA film:War Games)

Global Thermonuclear War is imminent.
Be sure you're not the one to lose.

Defcon is being jointly developed
by Chris Delay and Gary Chambers,
and is Produced by Introversion Software.

Read the latest Interview about Defcon
conducted by Kieron Gillen for Eurogamer
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=62477

There was a two page preview in PC Gamer UK
(January 2006 edition)

http://www.introversion.co.uk/defcon/index.html

Release date at mo is : April 2006

Soldato
Saw this in PCGAMER. It looks good, I am looking forward to the realtime modification for it which is designed for office use. It basically takes about 8 hours per game. Take a quick sneak while the boss is not looking fire some nukes then alt+tab back to excel. :D

Caporegime
I hope it's good, I remember years back someone tried to make a game like this interesting, and it turned out to suck. I liked Uplink, and Darwinia was a bit weird but playable, hope this one will be a decent price and I'll consider a purchase.

Associate
I saw this last week and its looking very interesting. Quite a talented set of developers who arent afraid of doing something different.

Good Stuff!

Suspended
well i loved Uplink and all the mods that came out for that but after playing the Darwinia demos i wasnt too impressed.

Ill have to wait until i see a demo of this before ill make any judgements. I dont think it'll have much replay value though and cant you finish the game in a very short time??

Man of Honour
Caged said:
I hope it's good, I remember years back someone tried to make a game like this interesting, and it turned out to suck. I liked Uplink, and Darwinia was a bit weird but playable, hope this one will be a decent price and I'll consider a purchase.
Are you thinking of Armageddon Man on the C64? That's the only nuclear game I can think of that's similar (though you had to try to prevent the wars if you could).

Soldato
MNuTz said:
cant you finish the game in a very short time??

the article was a good read, it said as the name suggests its all about the levels of defcon (what the yanks have to show the level of the tactical situation). it starts off high where u can only do a few things but as things progress the defcon level goes down until u hit defcon 1 where nukes are made available... then its a matter of whoever dies the least wins :)

sounds like a very cool game if its nice and tactical, would be a big thing if u could manage to destroy all of ** opponents nukes and totally wipe him out without getting half your country flattened in the process

Soldato
rofl ... yes the game would definately have to ship with a big red button, although i dunno about the duel keys ... lan gaming i doubt my opponent would really want to help activate my nukes :D

Back
Top Bottom