Age of Empires II Help

Soldato
Me and a clan mate are trying to play age of empires 2: the age of kings online but not having any success

weve tried using the microsoft zone thing, we can host a game, join the game room but when it comes to loading and joining actually in game, it always says that it cant connect after a few mins. we are both using routers i believe, im using speed touch 530 usb, now i opened these ports (23978 + 47624) on both udp and tcp. Im not 100% sure whether they are open but they should be, used the NAPT program has worked for most things.

Anyone able to offer any advice, we also tried connecting directly via ip in game but didnt find any games.

Is there anyway to check to see if the ports are open?

Associate
Well i dont no but i would be suprised if an email request for tech help cost you a penny (apart from the cost of the isp you are with ).
Maybe there is a forum dedicated to AOE 2? There must be a community out there that are dedicated to AOE 2.
just a thought. Google to see :)

Caporegime
On MSN zone support there is a help section on setting up the router to play behind a router. Ive configured mine myself but it was a while ago. I got the support from the zone help.

Back
Top Bottom