Ice System

Associate
Hi all in July when I get my new car im going to kit it out with amps, subs and speakers. But I want to buy all the gear now and set it up in my room, connected to my pc, 1. is this possible, 2. what does everybody recommend for 400 quid, inc 2 x 12" or 15" subs, amp powerful enough to run these and 4 6 * 9 speakers, also do the speakers need to be connected to the amp?

I would prefer something that looks top dog, ive been looking at the audiobahn subs

http://www.bassjunkies.com/product/image.php/f/31401/Audiobahn-AW1571SE.jpg

I would prefer something that looks good like the audiobahns but also performs well and gives some serious bass, I can stretch budget to however much as long as its worth it and I will notice a lot better sound/bass/looks over a budget of 400.

Thanks a lot.

Permabanned
WHOA Hold on hoppy! You want 2 x subs either 12" or 15" and FOUR 6x9s! You need to serioulsy rethink, and your probably already very close to your budget.

Also, ICE equipment operates differently to home equipment, so dont expect your speakers to sound the same in your house as in your car.

Firstly, what car is this going in!? With Subs you really really dont need 6x9s let alone four of them, a good set of components up front, standard, or upgraded co-axials in the rear and ONE sub is more than enough for most people, and all of this can be run off ONE amp!

You might also need to consider upgrading your cars head unit, as it may not have any pre-outs for connecting to an Amp.

Associate
OP
Ok its going in a 2002 clio 2.0, same as mine now near enough a 2002 clio 1.4, just a bigger engine. I proper want loads of bass though, so what would you recommend getting then? 2 x 6*9 for the front, one 15" and amp and HU? which ones though, shall I go for the 15" audiobahn as above? is this any good?

I know it wont sound the same in my room, its just so can have the bass across my floor.

any more recomendations for 400

thanks

Permabanned
You'll struggle to get the 6x9s into the front clio location unless you're up for a serious install! Bass is all well and good, but surely the overall sound is more important, so you can actually here what you're playing!

2xsubs will hammer your boot space as well, especially 12" or 15"s.

Standard Clio HU cannot pre out to an amp, so you'll need to have a headunit if you dont have one!

Alpine Components up front, and a good sub (alpine again if you want) and amp combo (4 channel will power front components and a sub (bridged)), leave the rear standard speakers to run off the HU. There was a thread a few ago whereby someone found a good sub and amp combo deal.

Unfortunately, my recommendations would push your budget well over with just the front speakers.

Soldato
I understand you're from Essex, but still, you don't require a 15" sub in a Clio. A quality sealed 10" or 12" will be plenty, and save some dosh for sound deadening- it's a french supermini after all :)

Permabanned
OK, Alpine SPS-171A Comps for the front, ampd up to Alpine MRV-F345 (4Ch amp), running a 12" Alpine SWE-1241 Sub and is MORE than capable of making your Clio rattle more than Mothercare

That will sound good, IMO, yes its all Alpine but the whole lot comes in at £365, use the rest for decent amp power cables, RCA cables and Speakers

Sorry, this is assuming you already have a HU that can handle Pre Out, but even if you dont, the Pioneer DEH-4700MP can be had for £80 odd, which means you can play mp3 and WAV CDs as well as normal ones and comes with 4v pre outs.

Soldato
Jeez, I want to curl up into a little ball and cry.

You can not set up your car audio in your bedroom.

You do not want 6x9's AND subs. Audiobahn subs are not that good. They often have the price tag of good subs but not the balls!

What head unit do you have?
What if you budget for HU, Amp, Speakers, Subs? all in.
Who will be fitting the equipment?

Permabanned
saitrix said:
Oracle,

I have no idea about the differences but you can get the same amp, box and comps but just with the 12" SWE-1242 sub for £365 at CAS.

1241 has the better cone and retails at around £80, the 1242 is actually a weaker cone although it has a higher peak wattage (not worth it in this set up), and retails at £50!

Associate
Fusion said:
I understand you're from Essex, but still, you don't require a 15" sub in a Clio. A quality sealed 10" or 12" will be plenty, and save some dosh for sound deadening- it's a french supermini after all :)

LOL, made me laugh that one did. How true.

Associate
like everyone else is saying mate, get a multi channel amp (4ch amp), use 2 channels for the front components, and bridge the other 2 channels into 1 channel and use that channel for the sub (bass is mono sound so only needs one channel). Thats what i have done and it is great. If you want big booms, go for a more powerful amp, not more speakers. 6x9s are really not needed, the only reason people go for 6x9s is bass, and since you would have a sub, there is no need for them.

Caporegime
Xplo said:
my das m8 is setting it up hes good at this stuff apparently i have 400 for sub amp hu

400 for sub amp and unit?
thats inc wiring and a box for sub?

tbh half of that will go on HU, or maybe HU and wiring, leaving you £200 for an amp / sub / box and some front components.
i think you might struggle unless you go for less quality items or up your budget :]

Back
Top Bottom