BTX Cases?

Soldato
Is there a large selection to come or are there quite a few BTX cases out atm? I wish the V2000 was BTX, but nevermind. Anyone got any idea when updates versions will be out?

Associate
hi

Thermaltake VA8000BWA Armour Super Tower, Thermaltake VB5000SNA Tai-Chi SuperMidi Tower, Thermaltake VA9000BWS Kandalf Full Tower also CoolerMaster Stacker 830 RC-830, CoolerMaster Stacker STC-810 - Silver Trim these are dual cases ATX and BTX, this is only the ones that i know of

Soldato
Someone said in another thread that BTX was no longer replacing ATX, which could be true with the way processors are going.

Unless you have a BTX board, I would just buy the v2000 then! Its a awsome case from my point of view :D

Man of Honour
even if BTX does replace ATX id say it will still be a while away as there arnt many BTX designed components around and it takes years before things finally die out once a new tech is introduced

Associate
blitz2163 said:
even if BTX does replace ATX id say it will still be a while away as there arnt many BTX designed components around and it takes years before things finally die out once a new tech is introduced

hi

i thought the components were the same for both ATX and BTX the difference is how the components are placed on the motherboard for better heat dispersal resulting in needing a new case or a dual case,

Man of Honour
bigal13 said:
hi

i thought the components were the same for both ATX and BTX the difference is how the components are placed on the motherboard for better heat dispersal resulting in needing a new case or a dual case,

Yea it is mostly the motherboard layout i just said components to cover myself incase theres anything else that changes :p :)

Caporegime
Intel will probably adopt BTX considering they developed the form factor - unsure what AMD will do but as has been said components (specifically CPUs) are getting more thermally efficent...

In all honesty if you are gonna buy a case now and considering staying/moving to Intel in the near future just be ready to realise that you may have to replace an non-BTX compliant case quicker than you thought...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
To quote myself in your other thread about BTX:

BTX technology isn't the successor to ATX anymore. It was conceived to cope with the massive heat problems that Prescotts were having, with the notion that future chips would be even hotter.

That is no longer true, with Intel changing roadmaps to produce cooler, lower-clocked chips that have better performance/watt characteristics.

Wikipedia has some links to articles treating BTX as a failed concept.

I don't think we're going to see the end of ATX for a long time, and I certainly don't think BTX will be the only form factor to suppass it.

Why do you need a BTX case? Do you already have a BTX factor motherboard?

Back
Top Bottom