The Ordinary Boys - Brassbound

Soldato
What you lot think to it, i can't get enough of it.

All of them are really catchy tunes and they just sound different

Man of Honour
MrMatt said:
Bit harsh??

He was only expressing his opinion, but then again its a forum so why would he do that :rolleyes:
OooOOOOoooooh. Misread someone, then edit in a snide remark when you're wrong about something after I've edited you.

And then you go and bring out the rolleyes.

Oh dear. I hope you feel very silly.

Soldato
I bought Over The Counter Culture this week and I'm quite enjoying it, I would like to see them live apparently they do a good live set.

Also just got the Arctice Monkeys album no surprises there I think there is only one track that hasn't been widely spread on the internet but it holds up well in the order they choose.

Soldato
Gatsby said:
Their first album was much better.

I agree, although 'better' conjures up fantastical images of a great band/record, which they aren't really. I did really like a couple (maybe 3) songs on that album, but that's not enough to make them good. Brassbound is a bit horrid really, and I especially dislike the contrived/cliched/whatever song titles, that when incorporated into the songs, make me cringe. I'm not a big fan of their supposed indie-ska crossover thing. However, they're a decent live band, saw them at Reading a couple of years ago, got a good response from the crowd.

Associate
They have been around for some time and I guess its only cos of BB that suddenly people have started listening to them, but i've always quite liked them. I wouldn't say they were original or amazing, but there songs are catchy.

Soldato
I feel like a BB whore because I've just gone and found out what they sound like because of that.. quite like it actually although I've only really got into over the counter...

I feel the need to explain I think I have pretty good taste in music.. I don;t just take my inspiration from trashy reality tv..

Now where's that peter andre cd???

Soldato
I've been listening to them since I first heard 'Boys will be boys' played a fair few times in my local, and fell in love with it. The rest of the album (brassbound) sounds.. not very much like it at all, but I still found I really like it, it gets quite a few listens. I'll have to pick up Over The Counter Culture though, if a lot of people think it's better it's got to be worth a look :)

I was really surprised when I hopped channels to BB (I don't watch it) and saw him!

Does he seem a pleb, or is he alright?

Back
Top Bottom