Canon 24-105 L IS

Soldato
Canon are still working on the lens flare/ghosting/image quality issues. Last I heard it was due back in stock during Q2 this year.

I'm taking that to mean from April onwards.

Associate
That is interesting.

I picked one of these up on Friday from a shop in London (PM me if you want to know where from due to forum rules).

When buying it I found it was out of stock almost everywhere and on buying it the guy mentioned that the new lenses they had got in stock had a blue circular sticker on the box which he believed denoted that they were a new batch.

Being an impulse buy I had not heard of any of the issues and after doing a few simple comparison shots last night between it and the 28-135mm IS lens it is replacing didn't notice any issues. Doing a portrait shoot today again no issues were apparent so it would be good to know when they show themselves so I can test.

Not sure of the forum rules on links to other forums so PM me if you want to know where the comparison shots are posted. It is not on a forum selling anything so not a competitor to OC.

Cheers
RB

Associate
Ok,

Lets see if the linking works here as well :D .

IMG_2285.jpg

RB

Associate
OP
serial number

If you go to the canon europe site it tells you how to check the serial number on the end of the lens that fits to the camera body. If i remember correctly the number has to be greater than 1000 to be a modified lens.

Associate
The code on the rubber seal for my lens is UT1003 and the number on the metal area (that mounts against the camera) is over 371,000.

...after looking at the site here it seems it is the UT number that is important and anything below 1000 may have an issue. Looks like I am safe then :D

Thanks
RB

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, I guess that's not too bad. Funnily enough I've just checked the website of my local camera emporium and they seem to have the lenses in stock. However, they promised to call me when they did!

*grumbles*

Oh well, it's not like I need one just yet!

Back
Top Bottom