P990i release?

Soldato
does anybody know when this is coming out for o2?

my contract runs out in about 4 weeks, and i want to get it, if it is coming out mid this year will they let me upgrade then?

Deep

Associate
You can upgrade any time after 12 months (if you started with a 12 month contract). So if you keep going with your current contract, they will continue to charge you the same monthly amount, and you can keep paying that amount until the P990i comes onto the market, when you will be allowed to upgrade.

Contracts are automatically extended month by month until you explicitly cancel.

Soldato
Various websites think that May is more likely.

I'm waiting for this one too. Choosing between the P990 and the N80 is going to be hard!

Associate
Well it'll be worth the wait i think, so i'm holding out for it.

I hope Feb is true though.

What was the P910i like when it came out pricewise ?, any ideas what this will be priced at ?.

Soldato
i'm patiently waiting for the p990i, hope its not much longer as my p910i is a bit worse for wear now its nearly 18months old.

re p910i prices:

I paid about 100quid to upgrade to it on o2 when it first came out, but i'm a pretty heavy spender (~£60 pm )

At the time I remember it being about £180 on a new £35pm contract for o2

Associate
I've been holding out since October 05 for a decent phone to come out onto the market!

This seems like the one, unfortunately I only spend ~£25 a month on Orange so im not sure if I'll be able to afford it anyway! :(

Caporegime
Tunney said:
Various websites think that May is more likely.

I'm waiting for this one too. Choosing between the P990 and the N80 is going to be hard!
Im the same and Ive been waiting to u/g since August :eek: - damn its annoying being informed about new stuff, rather than being ignorant and happy :p...

Just want the perfect one for an 18month Web n Walk contract...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
I've been using a P910i for well over a year and the only thing that I could possible want is a better camera, to be honest.

The P990i should be my perfect phone.

Associate
Found this on another forum. It's from SE Singapore, so we'll be later ;O(

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson Call Center.

With regards to your inquiry,
P990i is scheduled to be launched sometime in mid March 2006. Thank you.

Best regards,
Kevin Sakar
Sony Ericsson Call Center"

Associate
I was dead set on the P990i until i saw the N80 spec also. P990i is still top of my list, but i prefer the N80 buttons to the p990i.

Vodafone website says the N80 will be arriving in April btw.

Last edited:
Associate
Thats looks the business!

In some shots it looks tiny but in others it looks HUGE :eek:

I'd really like my next phone to have Sat Nav on it, is there anyway of doing this on an SE based phone, also is the tomtom on the nokias any good ?

Back
Top Bottom