Lightgun Games

Caporegime
Why are these no longer popular? I fondly remember duck hunt on the NES and Virtua Cop at the arcade, are there any lightgun's/lightgun titles in development for the next gen consoles?

Associate
Not really to be honest although light guns games were fun it wasnt to long before they became very tired and liner

Point Blank was the best light gun game

Associate
They should leave them in arcades where its fun with a quick game or two. Capcom tried to use lightguns in the Resident Evil Gun Survivor games on PS2 but they don't play too well. A shame since a lightgun game without being 'on the rails' could've been pretty good. I hope they pull something off on the Revolution :D

Lightguns don't work on LCD/plasma screens do they? I don't see any next gen games unless they change the tech or something.

Associate
amazing games which I still play :D

House of the Dead - Sega saturn
Virtua Cop 1/2 - Sega Saturn

Sheer pants games I don't play

House of the Dead 2 - Sega Dreamcast - OMG what did they do to the lightgun to make it so unresponsive and inaccurate :(

Other than that I have a PSOne with Point Blank 1/2 and is it Time Crisis 1/2 ?? But they aren't as much fun as the Saturn. The Saturn arcade style gun just oozes class.

Whoop

NB - Also played House of The Dead 3 on Xbox, meh didn't like the guns.

Soldato
Still play House Of The Dead 2 on the Dreamcast sometimes.

LightGun games are suited more to arcades IMO... there's a decent one in a few arcades just now, not sure of the name but I think you are a a member of SWAT or something and you burst into a mansion type place in the first level

Mud

Mud

Soldato
Smit said:
Still play House Of The Dead 2 on the Dreamcast sometimes.

LightGun games are suited more to arcades IMO... there's a decent one in a few arcades just now, not sure of the name but I think you are a a member of SWAT or something and you burst into a mansion type place in the first level

That sounds like Ghost Squad, I've pumped a couple of quid into that one.

Can't type for toffee
Don
Theres a fair few games everyone knows and loves and then the other games that tried to jump on the bandwagon ;) RE survivor pants

PS1
Time Crisis
Time Crisis Project Titan
Point Blank (aka gunbarl)
Point Blank 2 (aka gunbarl 2)
Point Blank 3 (aka gunbarl 3)
Elemental Gearbolt

PS2:

Time Crisis 2
Time Crisis 3
Ninja Assault
Vampire Nights

All great games and defo worth playing :)
The gun is gonna cost you next to nothing anyway I got my Vampire Nights and Ninja assault sets (game with gun) for about £18 each

I think its LCD/Plasma/Rear projection they dont work on.

Soldato
Depends on the type of gun on whether it will work or not I think.

The old ones which used IR (I think the Snes SuperScope did) should still work on all TVs

Soldato
i dont see why the old ones dont work, they work by flasing the screen white everywhere apart from the target and then seeing if the ccd returns anything but white.

Soldato
You can get ones with a sensor that you put on top of your screen. I've got one, it's good fun with a projector. the gun looks really really stupid but it works well on Xbox and PS2.

Back
Top Bottom