• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6600GT or 6800LE?

Associate
so which one? according to this a 6600GT is better
6600GTvs.jpg

but is it? bcoz 6600 doesnt support SM3 or some thing, so will the quality of water,etc be better?

Soldato
Both 6600GT & 6800LE support SM3.

[Generally you cant base how quick a card is in one game, as to how good it is.
Most people here state card A is quicker than card B & base it upon how it performs in multiple games. If card A is quicker than card B in say 60% of games only then its still the quicker card (provided it doesnt get blasted away in the games it loses in).

Do you have slides of how the cards perform in other games also?.
Also its generally a good idea to get a review from a couple of sites, just to be sure.]

However i thought the 6600GT was slightly quicker than the 6800LE, the reason some people recommend the LE is because you may be able to unlock some extra pipes on it, so then it would be quicker.

Caporegime
ACESHIGH said:
Both 6600GT & 6800LE support SM3.

[Generally you cant base how quick a card is in one game, as to how good it is.
Most people here state card A is quicker than card B & base it upon how it performs in multiple games. If card A is quicker than card B in say 60% of games only then its still the quicker card (provided it doesnt get blasted away in the games it loses in).

Do you have slides of how the cards perform in other games also?.
Also its generally a good idea to get a review from a couple of sites, just to be sure.]

However i thought the 6600GT was slightly quicker than the 6800LE, the reason some people recommend the LE is because you may be able to unlock some extra pipes on it, so then it would be quicker.

Go for the LE, I found mine to be an excellent card, better,imo, than my friends 6600GT @ Higher resolutions playing Microsofts Flight Simulator 2004.

In fact, I was that impressed with the LE, I sold it and bought a 6800GT! - That is a complement to the LE, I assure you.

Therefore, on consideration, I'd say neither the LE nor GT, go for the 6800GS - better performing than the 6800GT yet cheaper. ;)

Soldato
Runningkid said:
o i c, i jsut found a normal 6800 128mb albartron for 100 , is taht better than both? and yea i mostly do gaming , some times use photoshop for fun

Yes the 6800 is quicker than the two other cards you mentioned.

Though i just noticed this card on sale ...
PowerColor ATI Radeon X800 GTO 128MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-053-PC) Price:**£74.95 **(£88.07*Including VAT at 17.5%)

This would be my choice, as its generally quicker than all the cards i mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
Associate
The 6800 is a nice little performer - its the same as the GT at stock, but when you start overclocking its a monster.

The 256bit interface beats the 128bit 6600's :D

Back
Top Bottom